Our Family

Our Family

May 2, 2015

Four Years Since We First Saw Your Face...

I cannot believe it has been four years since we first received the file of Wei Li An.
Four years and so much has changed...
We have fallen in a routine of the daily grind of school, activities and just life;
so much so that I often forget all the marvelous ways that God so perfectly orchestrated Kate into our lives.

We had been through 3 files before Kate's came across our computer screen.  The day we first saw this sweet little picture is one I will never, ever forget. 

It was the day I looked into the eyes of my daughter for the very first time.  I saw eyes that had lived through a trauma that no one should ever have to know.  I saw eyes that were scared and uncertain of all that had and was happening to her.
Rare would be the photo we would ever see of our daughter smiling.
So stoic.  So brave.  So heartbreaking. 
Four years changes things...  
A lot!

God has redeemed this little girl!
He has grafted her in to her new family and called her His own.
He has given her hope where there once was none.
He has given her life where that once seemed impossible. 

He has restored her precious heart and given her back years the locusts have eaten.  

In her eyes today I see hope!
I see confidence that comes from knowing she is loved and adored.
I see joy!!!
I see the future.
I see the miracle that is adoption right in her dark brown, disappears when she smiles, beautiful eyes.
If you ever doubt that my God is faithful... look into the eyes of my little girl.
They will reveal His true nature.
And, there will be no doubt.

3 Year Anniversary
  
2 Year Anniversary

1 Year Anniversary

1 comment:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Happy Kate Day!!! She is precious and such a treasure!!! Love to you all!!!!! ❤️

 
Design by Deluxe Designs