After eighteen months of paper gathering, interviewing, waiting, finger printing, waiting, picture staring, care package sending, waiting, fed exing, researching, waiting, hand wringing, crying, waiting, waiting and waiting...
The day is finally here. In less than 48 hours Scott and I will be on a plane making the long LLLOOOONNNGGG flight to China. And our world is about to change.
From a family of five to a family of 6
From a family of all boys to a little pink in the mix
From sleeping through the night to maybe not so much
Our world is about to change, but none as much as our precious little girl.
From orphan to daughter, sister, granddaughter, cousin, niece
From a life at risk of an early death to a future where nothing will hold her back
From one with no hope to one who will inherit a life full of hope
This little girl has been such a blessing to us so far. She has taught us so much about just how much God love us. She has drawn us closer together as a family. Adopting her has allowed us to see the Gospel being worked out in front of us as we have front row seats in the story of Kathryn Li'An Grace's Redemption. To God be the Glory!
We covet your prayers as we begin this life changing journey. Specifically:
*Traveling Mercies for Scott and I. That all the transfers and itineraries go smoothly.
*For Andrew, Kevin and Sam as we leave them behind.
*For Grammy and Papa as they hold down the fort.
*For Kate- Pray peace for her as she meets us. This is sure to be a frightening day and she will not understand.
*For Kate's Orphanage "family" as they prepare to say goodbye.
*For Kate's health (and us too) while we travel.
*That the enemy's little attacks would not get the best of us and that we would press on as we embark on God's will for our lives.
Can you believe it? Next Post... Beijing!!!!
November 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








11 comments:
Congratulations!!! How very exciting!!! I'll be praying over your list!!! :)
SO excited for you all! Praying your trip is great and gotcha is perfect!!! blessings sweet friend and will follow along the whole way! XO
We are praying!! So happy she will be with you all soon!! XXOO
God speed!! Kate is gorgeous! Praying for Gotcha Day, health and the transition!!
Love you!
Sara
My heart is touched by reading your blog. I know and feel God is with all of you guys. We will pray for all while on your trip. Many blessings to all of you! Curtis, Mickie, Lexie and Tanner
Prayiung for safe travels and easy bonding. Enjoy the time over there and the transition of your new daughter. Take as many pictures as possible because when you come back you will wish you had taken more.
I am just giddy with excitement for you! I'll be praying.
Blessings,
Kelly
Yea!!! We are flying home tomorrow (Nov 17th here in Hong Kong) and you are coming! Maybe we will pass in the sky. Blessings to you as you embark on this trip of a lifetime!!! I'll be following along...
Thinking of you!!!!!! Hope that you are enjoying your time in BJ. See you soon!
Yesssssss!!!! You're on your way! I am so excited for you and cannot wait to see your daughter finally in your arms. I will be praying for you and faithfully stalking this blog over the next couple weeks!
Brought tears to my eyes!! What a wonderful family Kate is joining! I hope you get blogger working quickly so we can follow along while you're in China! -sweetgirls from RQ
Post a Comment