Humbling. That describes today in one short word. We started the day at about 8:30 and drove 2 1/2 hours north of Nanning to Kate's hometown of Lainbin. We were amazed at how much Laibin reminded us of Chaing Mai, Thailand. Little motor scooters dodged around the streets like a wacked out game of frogger! Strange pedicar taxi's that looked a little like a tuk tuk filled the streets.
The first thing we did was locate Kate's finding spot. The director was gracious in offering the exact location to our guide. We navigated the busy streets and finally found the spot that was located by the doors of the old Social Welfare Institute.
Kate's first Social Welfare Institute...
Kate was found by these doors...
It broke my heart to see this. To know that somewhere in the city was a woman who had to do the unthinkable. I cannot imagine. It also broke my heart to think how frightened my then one year old daughter must have felt being left alone, abandoned by her own mother. But, she was not alone. God has walked this road right along side this precious child. He created her in His perfect image and with a purpose. I am humbled and honored that Scott and I were chosen to see it fulfilled!
After leaving this area, our driver and guide worked very hard to find Kate's new SWI. They moved buildings this year. Scott and I were pleased to see that it was in a much more desirealbe location with room for playing. We were not permitted inside but were able to take some photos of the outside...
Tomorrow at 11:30, her director will bring her to the lobby of the Marriott in Nanning where we will meet her for the very first time!
Please pray
*For health for all. I am not feeling well, but I think it is nerves and exhaustion.
*We are REALLY missing our boys.
*Pray, pray, pray for sweet Kathryn.
Andrew, Kevin and Sam- We so wish you were here to watch your sister come through those doors! We cannot WAIT to Skype you as soon as you wake up on Monday morning!!!! We love you all! We hope you were not too cold camping this weekend!!!







4 comments:
What a journey! I can't to follow when Kate is placed in your arms!
Blessings!
Jennifer
(RQ- blessed mom)
Oh, I am undone seeing Kate's finding spot. And knowing that she was already one year old. How did she stay there? Breaks my heart for all that Kathryn has already had to go through. Makes me angry that we live in a fallen world. Makes me hopeful for eternity, when there will be no more suffering, no more tears, no more pain. What a day! Our daughters will walk with perfect bodies!
Do you have some Emergen-C to take? Something to boost your immune system? I am sure that since you hit to ground running and have already experienced so much emotional that you are raw. I pray you a get a good nights sleep and you feel better for Kathryn Grace Day! Unbelievable!
Hugs and prayers!!
I so know what you are feeling. We got to Nanjing yesterday and it's so overwhelming. Praying for you...we both get our babies in a few hours. Wow...may God be glorified!!
PRAYING AND LOVING YOU, gbb/ppj
Post a Comment