Our Family

Our Family

November 23, 2011

Nanning: Green Mountain Park

Katie is slowly coming around.  She felt comfortable enough last night to begin playing!  She was holding her baby doll and trying to get it to play with her Little People toys.  (Leigh Heard- If you are reading, the Little People you gave us have SAVED our lives!!!!)

We are still waiting for a smile, but are encouraged she is responding to her name when we say it now and is making much more eye contact!  God is good... Slow and steady that is our girl!!!

Today we visited Green Mountain Park which reminded us of Comprehensive Park in Okinawa.  It was very beautiful!  It contains the highest point in Nanning which has this pagoda on the top.  We climbed all the way up!
Kate's favorite location...


She is still very uncertain...

But is Slowly beginning to trust.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

You are doing great. I know it's hard, but hang in there. I think you'll be amazed at the difference in just a few weeks, if not sooner...written as my daughter who avoided me in China now snuggles in my lap!

Anonymous said...

The last picture warms my heart.
-Angie Kasuske

Football and Fried Rice said...

I'll bet (& I'm going to PRAY so!) that Kate will smile before you leave Nanning!! She is already playing and she is eating, which is GREAT!!

Oh, I'm not sure I would have climbed to the top of that?! I'm wayyyyyyy toooooo lazy for that!! But I would take a picture of it! Lol!!

I've got a carrier packed, even though I expect Ruby to be 25#, at almost three. It might come in handy for walking through parks and the AIRPORT!!

Keep the updates coming, it is awesome to see that beautiful girl WITH you!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the last picture!

She is a beauty!!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Bless her precious heart~ she is doing great!!! Surrounded by great love and exactly where God wants her to be. Can't think of anything sweeter!!! Blessings and love! XO

Melanie said...

That pic of Scott with Katie in the carrier will be one you guys look back at and cherish for a long time. So sweet!

Kathy said...

So happy for you 2 and the boys. she is just BEAUTIFUL. Enjoy your time in China. Patience will win out and she will emerge from her shell and brighten your days even more than she does now.
Congrats and love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Kate is so beautiful! We are so excited for the Payne Family. Love the pic of Kate holding Scott's finger. Blessings.
Mike and Rachel

 
Design by Deluxe Designs