Our Family

Our Family

November 20, 2011

6 More Hours

Scott and I cannot sleep.  We are giddy with excitement.  We had a 4:30 am bowl of oatmeal and have been watching cable TV.  Our last few hours of normalcy.

Actually there has not been a whole "normal" since we left DC.  Lots of new sights and smells.  Scott and I had a VERY proud moment at lunch yesterday.  We took took our guide Cindy and driver Mr. Wei out to lunch.  Mr. Wei was impressed with our chop stick handling skills!  Cindy was thrilled we were willing to try so much REAL Chinese food!  I drew the like at frog legs and pickled chicken's feet.  Cindy also made an executive decision NOT to have us eat the chicken as it was cooked in pig stomach.  I liKe this girl! 

Last night we ventured to Walmart.  I do not like Walmart in America and I really do not like it in China!  We will have to bring a camera next time so you can see some of the craziness in this place!  We were buying large amounts of formula and diapers as a donation to the orphanage.  Some friends from church and bible study made donations for us us to buy these needed supplies.  There was a PRECIOUS  woman working the formula section who used her English to the best of her ability.  She did an amazing job.  She was so lovely and so helpful.  We cannot wait to go back to introduce Kate. 

Well, I think I am going to iron my clothes,and set up gift bags and pace...  6 more hours until Katie Day!!!!

8 comments:

Tragord said...

Thinking about you constantly!! Love you, Sarah

Anonymous said...

You are almost there! I have been praying for you today...I was hoping that you would get some sleep but I guess that didn't happen! God will give you the strength to go on for the next few days. Love you!!!
Mel

Football and Fried Rice said...

I'm pacing HERE for you!! Can't wait to be in that same Walmart a week from today!

Try to rest and chill :) yeah, right!! I cannot believe you will be holding that sweetie in six hours!!

Mary Beth Kennedy said...

I can't get enough of your blog...so excited for you! Can't wait to see the pics when I get up tomorrow!
Love,
Mary

Mrs. Winn said...

Praying for you and Katie! Can't wait to see her in your arms :)

~Kelly

Amy {Design Intervention} said...

2 1/2 hours away!! We have been watching the clock with you today! Praying for you constantly today. Praying that Katie would have a peace and understanding that goes beyond her years. That you and Scott would have peace, and joy and excitement. So excited for you and I can't wait to see pictures tomorrow!!!!!

Bill Zachman said...

Been thinking of you all day! Missed you in BOC. Blessings to you & Katie!

Bo and John Payne said...

We are counting the minutes too!Praying without ceasing!
Love you, GBB/PPJ

 
Design by Deluxe Designs