Our Family

Our Family

November 21, 2011

FOREVER FAMILY DAY!!!

Li'An is here!  We waited so anxiously until 11:30 to go down to the lobby of the Marriott.  We waited all of about five minutes when our guide Cindy appeared and said "Your little girl is here!  They are coming!"  No sooner were the words out of her mouth when two women walked in with Li'An in tow.  SHE IS TINY!!!!  So much smaller than we imagined!  She is about the size of a one year old!  She is dainty and just perfect. 

After they entered we headed straight to our hotel room where they passed her to me.  She went right to me. 



We were able to ask all our questions.  After a little while Scott held her and she went right to him.

We are amazed.  Her pictures do not do her justice.  I do believe she is the most beautiful little girl in the world.  I am not biased.  Even our guide thought so;) 



Please be praying.  Li'An is grieving and VERY frightened.  She is eating which is a blessing but she is just terrified.  She has been crying on and off this afternoon.  It is one of the saddest things ever.  Scott and I have just been crying right along with her.

We know this for sure.  This little baby has been so loved.  There is a foster family in Laibin that is grieving just as hard.  Continue the prayers.  We are feeling them!!!!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so excited for you guys that I couldn't sleep! I have prayed for sweet Kate off and on all night. I know that she doesn't understand what is happening and it must be breaking your hearts to see her hurting so much. I hope it won't be long until she realizes how loved she is by her new family.
Love you!
Mel

Bo and John Payne said...

SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL! GOD IS SO GOOD! WE HAVE BEEN PRAYING OFF AND ON ALL NIGHT TOO! SO THANKFUL THAT SHE WAS WILLING TO GO TO YOU BOTH. THIS IS TRULY A BLESSING.
KATE IS LOVED. WE WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY!
LOVE YOU ALL,
gbb/ppj

Melanie said...

Ryan and I are on the train to NC reading and looking at the wonderful pics. You've got me tearing up, but I'm certain Kate will realize very soon what a wonderful, blessed new life she has. Best wishes for the rest of your trip. We'll be following your progress.

Melanie

Debbie said...

She is beautiful! She will have her Daddy wrapped around her finger in no time, just like our little girl did. I hope and pray that she feels comfortable soon. It is so sad to watch them be so scared. Blessings to you!

Kevin and Michele said...

So excited to finally see your baby in your arms!!! Wasn't today so perfect?! I can't wait to meet up w/ you in GZ! Our four BAAS families finally met this am and it was a thick layer of nervousness and wonder as we went to civil affairs office. So much fun to see everyone getting their babies! THE lORD IS GOOD, so many families made today!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh my goodness!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! You are not biased :) you can tell that they dressed her up to meet her family - she looks so tiny and perfect! I a flying HIGH for you this morning! I can't wait to see those lips in PERSON very soon!

Can you believe it? Ae you pinching yourself?! Can you believe they LEFT HER with you! God is so good!

Ephesians 3:29, "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably More than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that's at work within us."

Lord, I lift up sweet Kathryn Li'An to you. I pray for her crushed heart, while it may not understand, that it would begin to heal. That her grieving would be minimal and that she would know a peace in her heart that can only come from You. Please hold her, God, we know that she's your daughter even more than she's Scott and Kelly's. Amen.

Kim C. said...

I cannot believe how perfect Kate is! So lovely. I am praying for you two and for her, to weather these initial days of adjustment. I know your hearts must be hurting terribly for her, but I know God will see all of you through this. He has truly brought all of you together.

Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy for you guys!!!! tears of joy for each of you, and continued prayers for the transition! can't wait to meet her!
God bless,
Angie A.

Diane said...

She is beautiful!!! Praying for all of you as your sweet daughter makes this adjustment!

Patti said...

Thinking of you as you snuggle with your Guangxi Girl!! She is absolutely beautiful. The grief that she feels is heart breaking for sure - and my heart goes out to all of you as you work through it all. Time will help along with your love and compassion. In her time she will get to a better place.
Blessings - Patti (An RQ friend and MaMa to another Guangxi Girl!)

Patti said...

Thinking of you as you snuggle with your Guangxi Girl!! She is absolutely beautiful. The grief that she feels is heart breaking for sure - and my heart goes out to all of you as you work through it all. Time will help along with your love and compassion. In her time she will get to a better place.
Blessings - Patti (An RQ friend and MaMa to another Guangxi Girl!)

Cheri said...

Oh my! She is so beautiful! Congratulations! Just be patient, soft, and gentle towards her. She will feel your love. Enjoy these precious moments and your time in China. It goes by way too quickly.

Tammy Comer said...

She is so beautiful! It just makes me so happy to see how well that she was taken care of:) I cannot wait to be there. 9 days! I will be praying for you all! I have a feeling there will be tons of smiles soon:)

Tammy

Redeemedmama said...

Love the clementine! What a gorgeous precious child of God. Bless you and soak every second up into your soul. These days go by so fast.

The Franklin's said...

I am crying tears of joy along with you! I will be praying for a smooth transition for all of you. Blessings to the Payne family!

Anonymous said...

Kelly and Scott,

Words can't express the joy we have for you! Thank you for allowing us to follow you along in this journey and know that our prayers have been (and will continue to be) with you all!

Dan and Missy

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a beautiful baby!!! I am thrilled for you and your sweet family! Praying a good day as you wake up. Happy Kathryn Day!!! Blessings and love! XO

Mrs. Winn said...

She is such a beautiful little thing, but what is the most beautiful image from your post is FAMILY- seeing Kate finally in your arms! Praise God!!!
~Kelly

yvette said...

Oh she is gorgeous and jsut the sweetest ever! COngratulations

Anonymous said...

Oh... she is so beautiful! And so blessed to be in your incredible family!!!! I love the way that you two look at her in the pictures :) She has to know that there is something so special about the way you look at her, she is seeing God's Love :). Thank You for sharing. I am not a face booker... but got on here just to see!
We will continue to pray!!!

Love, Terri
P.S. Kelly, your pictures are Rockin' Good girl!!!

mbo said...

I remember you sitting in my den about 3 years ago, saying how much you wanted to adopt a little girl from China, and asking me to pray that if that was what God wanted, that He would give Scott the same desire. Guess what?! We were probably praying while her mother was pregnant with her. God knew who her real mommy and daddy were all along. "for it was You who created my inmost parts;You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful and I know this very well. My bones were not hidden from You when I was made in secret, when I was formed in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw me when I was formless; all my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began." Ps. 139:12-16

Anonymous said...

I'm crying right along with you! Congratulations! She really is beautiful, delicate, and such a sweet little thing. Safety to all of you on your travels home. How exciting it'll be to read your future blog posts and see pictures of her growing up!
Angie Kasuske

Kim Franks' Blogs said...

We are so happy for you guys!! She's precious. Enjoy China and just take it all in.
Praying for you all.
love,
The Franks'

Kim Franks' Blogs said...

We are so happy for all of you!! Just take it all in and enjoy China. Praying for all of you.
Love,
Greg and Kim Franks

Jennifer O'Cain said...

Happy Family Day!!!

Brendan and Melissa said...

She is ADORABLE!!! Could not be any more precious! I just love that picture of her walking through the front doors - so tiny and so cute! Congratulations Payne family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Awesome tears of joy are streaming down our faces. Jada fell in love as did I. God is good all the time!
shikila and james gundy

 
Design by Deluxe Designs