Introducing Kathryn Li An Grace Payne!
The "Harmonious Period" is over. She is officially our daughter and an orphan no longer. Our hearts are bursting with joy!
Meeting her brothers on Skype
Love this girl...
Chinese Shout Out to the Koza Girls!
Things We Have Learned About Kate...
1. She talks in her sleep and has the most precious sounding little voice.
2. She has yet to speak while awake.
3. Girl can EAT! She has refused NOTHING!
4. DO NOT remove her plate with food still on it. A banging fist and tears WILL emerge!
5. She can peel her own clementine orange.
6. The pool is a great place for a nap.., no joke.
7. She loves her caregivers. Saying goodbye today was very traumatic for all involved.
8. She loves when Baba carries her in the Ergo Baby carrier.
9. She looks like a baby bird when you feed her.
10. Today, her official last name is Payne!!!
*** Continue to pray for our sweet girl. She continues to grieve hard. She is still very frightened. She cries at the mention of the word Mama. She is handling this trauma by simply shutting down. She is listless and does not resist us at all. She has no affect. Her body language is resignation. We know this is how she is coping. We have many pictures of her smiling and interacting that we reciceved from the orphanage. We know that it is going to just take time. She is suffering a great wound and I can only imagine that even though she cannot remember being left by her birth family, the same fears are surfacing. Although this is painful to watch and experience with her we know our God is faithful! He makes beauty from ashes.







10 comments:
I'm sitting here crying huge, joyous, hopeful tears, Payne family. I can't think of a more deserving family or a luckier little girl. Keep your faith - we're adults, it's easy for us to feel awful for children -but they forget. They're resilient and their memories are short. One day she won't remember a moment of this. And your love and affection and generosity will fill her up and she's going to be such a happy and wonderful young lady.
Congratulations to ALL of you. I'm thinking of you this Thanksgiving week - giving thanks for SO many things, but you, my friend - get lots of them. Big hugs.
I cry tears of joy everyday for you guys. She is sooooo precious and I love the picture of her with you and Scott. It's weird, but she looks different in the pictures today....I guess that's because she is now a Payne baby!!!
So happy for you!! She is gorgeous. We will be in Nanning on Sunday. Did y'all actuall swim? Maybe my packing is all wrong.
Kelly and Scott,
She is just precious and one lucky little girl to finally be a part of the Payne Family! Can you get her to show Jack how to peel a clementine? He loves them, but I spend my entire day peeling them for him to eat! They are in season now too!!! So happy for you all and to see pictures with your sweet Kate!
The Bartletts
Praying for Kate, and you! We too have 3 boys, and adopted a sweet little one from Guangxi province in April...those first few days are so hard. God will make beauty from ashes....in His time! She is a beautiful girl and it is good she is eating and sleeping....time will make all of the difference!
I am teary too - I know it's so, so hard. I am glad that she grieving, it's natural. It means she had an attachment, which means she'll have more! I am also reminded of how important this time is - how it's a blessing that you are there with only Kate to focus on as she grieves. I am not sure how my other kids would handle it - surely they wouldn't understand and give her the time and space she needs.
I will pray for miss Kathryn Grace to let her guard down a little more every day! I can't wait for you to hear her chatting up a storm! Girls are soooooooo chatty, of course, you know that, cause you are one :)
Love & Hugs!!
I have to laugh at the fact that she can peel her own clementines. Girl loves to eat! And that broken little heart will soon know joy again! (And I know you know that. But sometimes it seems unbelievable when you're in the middle of all that pain.) She is precious! I am so excited for you!
awww, my heart breaks for her. this part is the hardest of all, I imagine...to just sit and watch your child grieve and feel like you can do nothing to take the pain away. But, Praying she comes to trust and open up with you all...as I know she will! We leave in a few weeks and I am worried about the grieving process. I imagine just holding her and saying "in understand, I love you" is the best thing for her! She is so so beautiful!! Congratulations!
It IS so hard to watch and know how much Kate is hurting! The great thing is~ it is what you want her to~ great for attachment and bonding. She will be better by Guangzhou too~ SJ was the same way but by the time we moved to G, she was happier. Blessings and love sweet friend~ praying for you all! XO
She is just beautifu! What a beautiful little mouth!! Enjoy the quiet! I just left Amy's and it is very loud over there!!! Love to all. And have a wonderful trip home. Prayers are with you!! Diane
Post a Comment