Our Family

Our Family

May 21, 2010

Answering the Call...

God is moving in the House of Payne.  Those of you who know me well know that God placed the desire to adopt on my heart many years ago.  My desire was for China and specifically for Special Needs or a Waiting Child.   I knew that this had to be something that both Scott and I agreed upon together.  It is a very long and tedious and emotional journey that requires us both to be on the same page.  When it was clear to me that Scott was not interested I prayed that God would either remove that desire from my heart or that He would work to change Scott's heart to align with mine.  God very clearly told me to remain quite and not to "nag".  I tried my best to remain as quiet as I could on the subject, but the desire had never left my heart.  It would be quieter at times then it would come upon me with strong pangs to go and find my little girl.  Scott came to me in January of this year and shared with me he felt God leading him to pray more seriously about this decision.  I think he was really praying that God would remove the desire from my heart and that I would come and tell him that I was no longer interested.  Nope!  The desire only grew stronger:)  We have been praying for months now on God's clear direction on this matter.  One thing we have learned in our 16 plus years of wedded bliss... If we are not at the center of God's will for us, we are MISERABLE!!  We have no desire to be anywhere but where He wants us.  This Mother's Day after a great morning of sweet gifts and breakfast, I was presented with three cards; one from the boys, one from my man and one from our little girl.  Inside, my sweet husband only writes:  "I trust God completely.  Let's go get her".  I stand amazed.  Our precious family of five is going to turn into a family of six sometime in the next couple of years!!  We so appreciate any prayers you can offer for our family as we begin this journey.  We also ask special prayers for our sweet little girl.  We ask that you pray a hedge of protection around her, that God would guard her heart and keep her safe and prepare her for the wonderful purpose he has for her life.  We cannot wait to share this journey with you!

4 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Sounds alot like our story with the praying about removing the desire from my heart or speaking to my husband's heart (without my nagging). :) God started moving and it's so amazing to us how he's cleared the path and opened doors to our Luke.

I wish you the best and will pray for your family too. What a precious Mother's Day gift your husband gave you! :)

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Anonymous said...

ROCK ON! What wonderful news! I can't wait to see what God has in store for your family! WOO HOO!!!

The Dalton Family said...

Hi Kelly! How wonderful-I am so happy for you guys! You are the 3rd person I know just in this past year to either be going thru the process or have already recieved their little girl from China. I attached 2 blogs you might be interested in. The first one is in the last stages of adopting a special needs girl from China (she only started the process in Dec!!) and other picked up her little girl a few months ago. They both went thru a christian adoption agency specializing in the adoption of children with minor special needs. They are both wonderful women and thought you would enjoy reading their story as maybe some of the info would be helpful. Cant wait to hear more about your experience thru the process!
Love always-Angela D.


http://www.oursweetleap.blogspot.com/
http://scottkelleyandcarter.blogspot.com/

Christy said...

Hi Kelly,
You don't know me but I went to High School with your husband. I went to China in 2003 with my best friend when she adopted her wonderful little daughter. It was an amazing experience that changed my life. Her family went through alot to get her but they did it again and adopted another baby in 2006.
Good luck with your adventure!
Christy (Lyle) Sanders

 
Design by Deluxe Designs