Our Family

Our Family

January 1, 2009

Our Weekend Get Away

Okuma is truly one of my favorite places on Okinawa. There is just something about driving an hour and a half north and away from the business of the base this beautiful resort. Now do not o thinking like resort, resort. Think more like a Motel 6 with a million dollar view!!! IT is awesome!!!
Here is a beautiful view of North Beach...
An empty beach
SAM testing the water...
Pretty
Coral Beach
We took a little side trip for a fun hike through the woods. What a pretty hike. Lots of stairs and hills, but so much fun!
Only in Japan...
I wasn't kidding about the stairs!

Check out these funny little cabins you can rent!!!Beautiful Okinawa!!!After our hike we headed back to Okuma and took a spin on the GoKarts. I do not think I am going to enjoy teaching the boys to drive. I literally prayed the entire time Kevin was at the wheel. For good reason too. Sam misjudged a turn and stopped int eh middle of the turn and Kevin and I plowed at full speed into him and Scott. UGH!!!! It hurt! Kevin was so irritated with me for telling him to put the brake on:) Despite our minor accident, our time at Okuma was wonderful as usual!

2 comments:

Bo and John Payne said...

Beautiful places...love the fact that there aren't many people anywhere...peaceful!
Love, Bo

Bo and John Payne said...

Crazy drivers...getting ready for Washington maybe?!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs