Time seems to be flying by and our time here on Okinawa is growing so short. I told Scott that I wish we could get on a plane and leave tomorrow because I feel like I am ripping off a band aid in slow motion. It hurts. There are the headaches of actually leaving the island that I swear make trying to get off the Island in the TV program Lost look like a treat! More than that, it is leaving behind so many sweet friends and the Island Life that has been the norm for us for 6 years.
I digress... Spring Break was the week before Easter this year. We had a great time. Andrew spent the week with his Boy Scout Troop at "summer" camp. Basically it is so hot here in June as well as the height of rainy season so they decided to hold summer camp over spirng break. He had a great time earning several Eagle Required Merit Badges as well as one for fun. I believe the highlight for Andrew was getting "tapped out" for Order of the Arrow. This appears to be like a fraternity of "Honored Campers". He was nominated and voted on by the boys in his troop. He is very excited. Here are some camp shots I took on family night:)
They got to do Archery....
Do Science Experiments
Kev and Sam and I hung around the house and did moving stuff for a few days before we headed up to Okuma with some friends. I needed to get some cardio in so we hiked Hiji Falls! What a treat! Here are some pictures of our time at Okuma!
I always loved this sign with the ginormous glasses:)
Seriously... Who would not miss this???? (View from our room)







No comments:
Post a Comment