Our Family

Our Family

October 4, 2010

Waiting is the Hardest Part

Dear Kathryn,

Oh how I want you home.  I have been praying for you extra hard lately.  I think you may have just been born in the last month or so.  Not sure why, just a feeling.  I have been praying for your birth mom.  I cannot imagine what this precious woman must be feeling and what has caused her to need to give you up.  Perhaps she is being forced to or perhaps she cannot handle the medical expenses or care to make you well.  Perhaps she knows your best chance at life is to give you up.  I cannot imagine the bravery it must take to make a decision such as this.  I am praying for you that they found you quickly, that you were not out in the cold for too long, that you were not hungry.  I am praying you are in the best place possible now.  I pray you are not cold and hungry.  I pray there are people there who are holding you and loving you.  I am praying for the doctors that are taking care of you.  I do not know what your medical needs are right now, but God knows.  He knows exactly what you need.  He is watching over you and is with you always.  Of that, I am sure.

My heart is hurting right now.  I wish that you did not need to experience any of this.  I want to run over to China right now and take you away so that you will never know cold, hungry and lonely.  I ache for you that you must endure these challenges at such a young age.  Know that we cannot wait to get our hands on you and give you your Forever Family.  We are excited to give you everything you do not have today.  We want to love you and care for you forever.  We are also so excited to see all of the many ways you are going to bless our family.  Your Daddy has a funny thing he says when each of your brothers does something neat.  He says:  "What would we do without a Kevin or a Sam or an Andrew?"  I cannot wait until I hear him say,  "What would we do without a Kate?"

We are working as hard and fast as we can to get you little one.  We are working on raising our money to ransom you.  We are almost done getting all our paperwork together.  We hope to have all our visits and papers together by the beginning of next year and then it won't be long after that.  Hang in there sweet one and know that you are being bathed in prayer.  Know that no matter what, God is with you and He will never leave you.  Know that you have a family that loves you like crazy and cannot wait to meet you.

I love you!
Mommy

1 comment:

Tragord said...

Beautifully said...you are not alone in your prayers.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs