18 Months!
I cannot believe we have had this little sweetie home for 18 whole months!
So much has changed in 18 short months...
Kate is growing physically
- from 19 pounds and 31inches when we came home to 30 pounds and and 37 inches today!!!
She is growing mentally!
She sings all sorts of songs. She knows many of her letters. She can count past 10 and has one to one correspondence (I know... teacher in me!). She loves to be read to. She loves to draw and color and all things art! She is rocking speech and speaking more and more clearly!
She is growing spiritually.
She loves going to church. She says that Jesus is in her belly :) Did I mention she is funny? She loves to pray for each of her family members. She looks forward to her Bible time every evening. We are praying for the day when she asks Jesus out of her belly and into her heart!
She is joy personified!
So full of LIFE!!!
Oh that I wish First Mama could see her now and know that her sacrifice in letting her go allowed Kate to LIVE!
She is more precious than jewels; And nothing you desire can compare to her.
Proverbs 3:15
18 Months Home and Kate...
*is a MAJOR chatterbox!
*must say, "I love you mama. I really love you" a thousand times a day!
*has a new saying which I am particularly fond of... "You da best mama. You da best mama evah"!
*will roll her eyes to the top of her head and say, "I don't fink so" in response to the question, "Did you pee in the pool"?
*is completely potty trained... speaking of peeing...
*believes every person has a medi- port and will ask random strangers, "Where your port"?
*is VERY into her babies. She loves her Bitty Babies, but is still obsessed with the doll that our friend Beth Christensen gave her. (pictured in the second picture above.) Her name is Baby Doughnuts because she smells like doughnuts; not Ms. Beth, the baby.
*is very concerned about the health of Bitty and Baby Doughnuts as they often have many illnesses that can only be cured by seeing "Doctah Peen". (That would be Dr. Kate Payne to be clear.)
*is very into pretend play. Everyone has a role to play in her mini dramas.
*loves her girl time with mama.
I stand in awe at the Beauty that has risen from the ashes. I praise God daily for the honor of being chosen to be her mom.














1 comment:
CUTIE PIE!!!
Post a Comment