Our Family

Our Family

July 26, 2013

Kevin's 14th Birthday = an Epic Cake Fail

Kevin is 14.

14 years old.  It sounds so, old.  

We had 3 kids VERY close together.  People used to tell me, when I was elbow deep in diapers and running on virtually no sleep, to enjoy these days for they go by so quickly.  
I smiled politely as I inwardly thought I would never be out of diapers, sippy cups and preschool.

I was wrong.
They were so right.
(Well sort of... Kate added diapers, sippy cups and preschool.  But, you get the point!)

So... Back to Kevin and the fact he is 14.
And the fact that he had an amazing time the night before his birthday party with his youth group and got virtually no sleep.  
This is how he looked as I forced him to get up!
Excited!
 Kate is always ready for a birthday!!!
 Annnnddddd.... the epic cake fail.
Literally the WORST cake I have ever made.
It fell apart upon frosting and just got worse with time.  
I was crying and the men were HYSTERICAL, and I do mean HYSTERICAL!!!
 They could barely sing for all the laughing!
 Never mind sing... they could barely BREATH!!! 
 It was awful!!!!
 He could barely contain himself here...
 Socks form Aunt Sarah, Uncle Brad and the gang were a huge hit!
 Kate as all about card and gift opening!!!
Despite my epic cake debacle... 
Kevin's 14th birthday was a good one!
I can laugh now... sort of...

1 comment:

Lindy D. said...

I laughed so hard looking at the pictures of your boys laughing at the cake. I've read your blog since you got Kate and I ALWAYS admire you for making each of the birthday cakes. Not many families seem to do that... it's often store bought. So an occasional cake fail is ok given all the "made with mama's love" birthday cakes you make. P.S. Kevin is a cute kid!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs