On September 5th, Scott and I will celebrate 20 years of marriage!
In some ways it seems like and eternity and others it seems like just yesterday!
8 moves, 3 states and 1 foreign country later...
I can honestly say that I love this man more today than 20 year ago!
We decided we wanted to do something special to mark our momentous occasion. We had not been away - alone together - since well before bringing Kate home from China.
It. Was. Time.
I found this adorable Inn/Bed and Breakfast in nearby Destin.
It. Was. Perfect.
The Henderson Park Inn
This is a beautiful little inn right on the beach. Your room fare includes a gourmet breakfast buffet and a picnic lunch! And the best part? No children allowed on the premises!
(I love my children with all my heart, but sometimes you just need to be with the one you love; alone with no interruptions!)
We entered our little room welcomed by this sweet treat!
Seriously?
Roses, Grapes, Wine, Chocolate, and an Ocean View = Pure Bliss
The amazing view from our room that my Man affectionately called "The Fantasy Suite"...
(I think I have a closet Bachelor fan!!!)
After a delicious dinner at the restaurant right on the premises, we got up the next morning and parked ourselves on two beach chairs and looked at this all day long!
And this....
One of the things we did was choose a theme, say friends, our relationship, family memories, and we went through each year we were married and said something we remembered from that year.
It was an awesome walk down memory lane recalling all the many ways God has blessed us and walked with us through every joy and trial. We stand in awe of the people he weaved into our lives at just the right moment; all who remain dear to us and in our lives today!
He truly is good, all the time.
(You do not get much cuter than this man!!!)
We literally sat here and talked, laughed, cried, swam and slept all day!!!
We had some friends try to join us for lunch...
I had my quite time in front of one of God's first and most powerful creations!
After a relaxing day on the beach, we headed back up to our room to enjoy the sunset and get ready for another amazing dinner.
God did not disappoint and gave us a spectacular show!
Breath taking...
Just amazing.
We tried to take a picture together, but unfortunately condensation worked against my camera lens and this is the best we could do!
We were both so grateful for this chance to get away before the craziness of the school year and fall sports start.
20 Years is just the beginning for us. We are so open to all that God has in store for us in the next 20 years! If it is anything like the first 20, we better buckle my seat belt! We are in for an AWESOME ride!
Oh Henderson Park Inn... We will so be back.
How about next weekend?
(I wish!)
Thank you Grammy and Papa for staying with the kiddos! We truly were not concerned in the least knowing they were in your capable hands!
You blessed us more than we can ever say!























5 comments:
Congratulations to both of you! You are such a beautiful couple and I am blessed our paths crossed! Enjoy your anniversary!
Awesome, Kelly. And I love the idea of talking about memories from each year. I decided we are going to do that, too. :) Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! What a special getaway. Love the memory lane game. And I agree that you have a very handsome husband!
Happy anniversary sweet friend!!! XOXO
Congratulations! Wishing you many happy years to come!
Post a Comment