Our Family

Our Family

March 13, 2008

Andrew the Bringer

Last night was a very special night for me. It will be something I will never forget. Every week I pack up all three of the men and bring them to Awana. Last week Andrew asked a couple friends to go as his visitors. This week, one of the boys asked to return. After club tonight Andrew approached me saying that this little boy had questions about his faith and all he was learning. I brought this little guy to one of our male leaders so they could talk "man to man". After a few minutes with the leader, he asked both me and Andrew to come in and talk with him. I sat in such a state of awe as I watched my 11 year old son proceed to share the message of the Gospel with his friend.

When our children are young we bring them to church and Sunday School and everything else under the sun, hoping that they will get a grasp on their faith. While they are little, their faith is really their parent's faith. We hope and we pray that one day that faith will become personal to them and become their very own. I can say without a shadow of a doubt, Andrew's faith is very much his own. The eloquence and precision with which he shared the specifics of his faith brought tears to my eyes. He so very obviously loves HIS Jesus. I just know that God's heart swelled ten times it's normal size to hear this little boy tell another about his faith and how much God loved him. Andrew's friend has not made a decision yet, but I know he is well armed with the right information. More than that, he has a friend who loves him enough and is bold enough in his faith to keep after him and love him:)

My Andrew is well named. Everytime the apostle Andrew is mentioned in the Bible, he is leading someone to Christ. Hence the name "Andrew the Bringer". May the same always be true of my sweet little boy!

3 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

What a sweet story for a sweet boy!

Anonymous said...

that's so wonderful! What an awesome man of God you're raising up Kelly...that's just beautiful =)

Gina said...

Awesome! God is so good to show us faith through our children. What a blessing for you to see Andrew share the gospel.
Praying that those seeds bloom in this friend soon.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs