We have this darling woman named Fuji- San who comes to our home every other week to clean our house. She is my favorite present I get every 2 weeks:) You must know that when you give a Japanese person a gift, they will almost always return one the next time they see you. Well, sometimes I give little gifts or I will buy American products I know she likes at the commissary or PX for her. Sometimes I will make dinner etc and send her home with some. Well this week she brought us some tasty treats. First she brought some somen noodles which were so divine!!! very yummy! After she saw how much I enjoyed her noodles she brought out a bag that contained this...
Now, it is considered rude in Japanese culture not to eat something that is given to you. You must at least try. I really did try, but I just could not bring myself to even touch one of these fish looking back at me much less EAT one. She thought it was hysterical and popped one right into her mouth. I am so glad she did not think I was rude!!!! She left the bag with me because she thought my men would like them...
A while after she left I brought them out and Scott nearly threw up. Being a mother of boys, I bet each of my young manly men a dollar if they ate one. Kev has food issues and only recently began eating hamburger meat... he, naturally was the first to bow out. Sam... He considered it for a moment but soon came to the conclusion that it was SOOOO not worth the dollar. Andrew, my brave little man was up for the challenge. I seriously think this kids could win Fear Factor Kids edition!!! Not only did he eat it... He went back for MORE!!!! UGH!!!!
Taking the Bet...
Chewing... Chewing... Chewing
Going back for MORE!!!! 







2 comments:
eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!
Speaking of nausea, my first trimester stomach almost hurled on that one. I will stick to Fruit Loops.
Kelly, Try paying her back with one of your special black and pink hot dogs with soup starter pie for desert!!!! Jim
Post a Comment