
Dale W. Benton
1969 - 2008
Dale W. Benton, 39, went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Saturday, May 10, 2008.
Funeral: 11 a.m. Tuesday at North Fort Worth Baptist Church. Interment: Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery. Visitation: 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Mount Olivet Funeral Home. There will be a reception at the church following the interment.
Survivors: Father, William; wife, Kelly; children, Trevor and Kathryn.
Published in the Star-Telegram on 5/12/2008
What an honor it was to know such a kind and Godly Man. We had the honor of knowing Dale and his family while they were stationed here on Okinawa. Dale's story is certainly a reminder that our time here on Earth is very brief. Dale fought this cancer with the courage and faith that comes only from a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. He was truly inspiring. Our church had a memorial service for Dale yesterday and it was so wonderful to hear and be reminded of all the wonderful qualities about this man. A husband, a father, a Marine and most importantly one of the most dedicated Christians I have had the pleasure of meeting. I can not say the word Awana with out thinking of Dale and Kelly Benton. He had such a passion for planting the Word of God deep into the hearts of Children. Awana stands for "Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed". What a definition of this awesome man of God. Heaven just got sweeter.







2 comments:
My heart aches for Kelly and the kids. Awesome post Mama.
Kelly,
I agree... I always picture Dale & Kelly when I hear AWANA. Great post! Until we meet again we will miss you brother.
Chris
Post a Comment