Our Family

Our Family

September 6, 2008

Out with the Phillies (Sadly) and On with the Okinawa Reds...

Kadena baseball has come to a close. We are a little sad as both boys had really great teams and even better coaches. Foster Baseball overlapped by about a month (UGH!) so we are glad to be down to just 2 practice days a week and 3 games (or so) a week. Unfortunately this is the off year that Kevin and Sam can not play together, so it means playing in 3 different leagues. Needless to say, I have not been to a lot of complete games. I generally get a spattering here and there. I have seen a couple of Kevin's and Andrew's and one of Sam's. I need to remember my camera for Sam's next game.

Andrew is playing in an 11-14 year old league. His team named themselves the Okinawa Reds (At least I have comfort in knowing Lukas M was a Yankee in the Gospel Projects league last spring!!!)
Here is one of his recent at bats...

Next, a shot playing third...

The Reds watching their team at bat...

Kevin is playing his first year of "Kid Pitch". His team is the Terminators. He has enjoyed taking his turn pitching and playing short stop. He can also be caught behind the plate as well.
Kevin pitching....

Catching... He likes this position, only problem is the gear does not fit him. He needs to wear his hat in a particular way so the helmet does not fall over his eyes. The shin guards go too far up his legs and the chest guard is swimming on him. He makes due...

This is actually a pretty clean face after a game!!!! I swear he is the dirtest one when the game is over....

More of Sam's Red Sox after next weekends games... (He literally cried when he found out what the team chose as a team name!!!)

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs