In my Christian walk I have found myself learning under teaching greats such as Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer and Kay Author. I have had other wonderful "real life" teachers as well. Never, ever in my life have I met a teacher and mentor like my sweet LaRose.
Last October I had the chance to go visit her in Virginia Beach. I attended a ladies retreat and spent a few extra days sitting at the feet of this precious woman. I was able to return in May to spend one more weekend with her. This woman is blessed in so many ways and has truly had a major impact on my life and the lives of my family. We will forever be grateful to Matt and Nancy Travis for introducing us to LaRose.
LaRose has an amazing ministry. It is entitled Healing the Hurts. She and a small group of ladies run this ministry. Their main objective is to help women discover the true nature of our Lord and His great power of forgiveness and healing. God has a plan for every single person. Everyone has unique gifts He has bestowed upon us to be used to glorify Him. He has so many blessings waiting for those who love Him. We are our own greatest obstacle to receiving these blessings. So often previous hurts and an unforgiving heart prevent us from seeing what He is standing with open arms ready to give.
God's greatest desire, the entire reason He created us, is to live in relationship with us. We often have such a skewed idea of God's true nature. Some of us believe that He is real but is distant and not really concerned with the tiny details of our lives. Some see Him as a dictator type leader smiting and striking down anything that displeases Him. Others may see Him as loving, but not really capable of changing the world around us. Some may not see Him at all, believing He simply does not exist. Others place Him in the same category as Buddha, Mohammad, Confucius and other "spiritual greats". Many of us who have followed the Christian faith our entire lives have many misconceptions and wrong ideas about the true nature of our God. We all carry unGodly beliefs. For example, one of mine was that I believed God could certainly preform miraculous acts. He could do amazing things to transform and deliver people from great peril. He could and would do this for everyone, but me. Ashamed to admit it, but it is true. There is so much more to this amazing ministry, but it would take multiple blog entries to explain it all!!!
My time with LaRose has helped me better understand the true nature of God. I have been and continue to work through areas of my life that have always been weak and stumbling blocks all in an effort to draw closer to Him. It is a slow process. Often I feel like it is two steps forward and one step back, but that still equals forward motion. I am forever grateful God placed this precious role model in my life. She is simply ordained by God; a living disciple in my midst. At 81 years young, she is sharp as a tack and is being used in MIGHTY ways. Oh Lord, may You use me the same way!
We simply could not leave VA without stopping by for one last (at least for a little while) visit with our precious LaRose!







3 comments:
Everyone needs a mentor and your's is precious!!! I know it was a hard goodbye. Blessings as God keeps you both connected! XO
Would love to retell LaRose's story in KPC Connect. Is that possible?
Pam- I am not sure how to contact you, but you have my permission to share this!!
Post a Comment