HAPPY FIRST 4TH OF JULY SWEET KATIE GRACE!!!
I cannot tell you how sad I am that we could not celebrate Kate's first 4th of July at Argyle 4th of July Parade or in Beaufort, SC with the Paris Island Marine Corps Band playing as fire works explode over our heads, or in The Villages as my Mom marches in her first parade.
No, My Dad, Kevin, Sam, Kate and I spent the day unpacking boxes. sigh...
Not a very festive way to celebrate the birth of our Nation.
I mentioned that very thought to my Dad today and he reminded me of something so true. Kate is sure a whole lot better off than she was this time last year! Very true.
She now lives in a land that is FREE (at least for now;)
She is free to pursue dreams that would never have been attainable with the stigma of being an orphan in China.
She has hope and opportunity, two things that she was still waiting for this time last year.
In my book, that makes a pretty good first 4th of July. Fireworks and Parades not withstanding!
Seven Months Home with Our Girl and...
*We are hearing SOOOO much more English that we understand!
*New favorite phrase? "Mama. Dee Dee (one of the brothers) hurt me. Dee Dee hurt Ah An".
(No Dee Dee's actually hurt her, she just likes to say it in a sad voice. Not sure what that is about.)
*When you say Thank You, she says "no pwobwum" (problem)
*Girl can WORK an IPad and affectionately calls it "My Pad".
*Went to her first amusement park and LOVED it.
*Is OBSESSED with Mulan. She will wrap blankets around herself and pretend she IS Mulan.
*She has a twisted sense of humor as she loves watching the scene where the Huns get mowed over by an avalanche. She just laughs and laughs. I think she somehow inherited Aunt Shannon's ability to find humor in even the most outrageous events.
*She likes to be right with me all. the. time.
*She must bring her Better Bitty Medical bag to all doctor appointments.
*She is not willing to share her Mama and will argue with the boys over "MY Mama". They are kidding, she, on the other hand, is not.
*She is becoming a little less shy around strangers. She will answer questions but with a barely audible whisper.
*She is a joy and a delight. What a blessing this little girl is for our family.
God is good!









7 comments:
Hellow, this is Tanya. I just wanted to thank you for talking to me yesterday. You helped me tremendously. After much prayer, we decided to pursue our daughter's adoption, and we are so excited!! I can't believe what a roller coaster these past few days have been. on top of it all, we were on vacation and received her referral at a water park!! Last night I was worrying about things which is what I do best and my 8 year old daughter came up to me and said," Mama, nothing is too big for God." Well, the tears started to flow and I knew that was God's answer to my prayers. I do hope you and I can keep in touch. I would love to hear updates on your daughter and have someone to share with who has been there. Thanks again. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. my email is christanyalair@netzero.com
LOVED reading all that Kate is doing now. I really need to do a post like that about WP. HAppy 4th!!! XOXO
YES! So different than last year, I love these updates, I love reading all of the new things she is saying! :) GO KATE!
So adorable! Also love that shirt - do you mind sharing where you got it? Thanks! Kathy
Kathy- I got it at Target:)
Thanks! Kathy
Loved reading your update and seeing the lovely pictures. Our E sounds a lot like your DD!!
Post a Comment