Our Family

Our Family

July 25, 2012

Kevin Turns the Big 1-3 {Wherein I become the mother of 2 teenagers}

Someone save me from my ever climbing food bill and the fact that I no sooner by a pair of shoes to only have to go out again and get another.  Yes... the life with 2 teenagers living under the same roof with a third one on the heels of his older brother.  I digress...

Kevin's big cross into teenager land happened on the road to Boy Scout Summer Camp.  Scott is SUCH a believer in the camp program that we used the last of our miles to fly Kevin and Sam back up to VA to go to camp with their old troop!  (It must be noted that the ONLY reasons I agreed were the flight was direct AND I adore the men who were taking the boys this week and trust them completely!)  

We had Kevin's party "pool side" on Friday.  

So the candles had a few "issues" with wind and  the ceiling fan...  
Kev (and apparently, Scott) were such good sports!
 And we have fire!!!
 Kate kept insisting "It Ah An's Happy Day.   Happy Day Ah An!"  Next month baby girl, next month...
Scott,  Kevin and his poor broken hand went off to get the remaining supplies needed for camp and the other sibs frolicked in the pool in honor of the birthday boy!
 Kate call this "to the moon!"
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANNON BALL!!!!
My attempts at video upload have failed in the past... Here goes nothing!  Kate's rendition of Happy Birthday.  Excuse my nasty and LOUD singing voice!!!

Dear Kevin,

Happy 13th Birthday!  I love you so very much and am so proud of the young man you are becoming.  Many parents dread the teenage years, but I just have this feeling you are going to make it a joy!

I praise God for giving you to us 13 years ago and I praise Him for the gift of surfactant, with out it we would have lost you!!!

I love you forever!
Mom

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs