Our Family

Our Family

January 14, 2014

Photography Class Fun

I just started a photography class last week that is a lot of fun!
I am learning SO much on the editing process as well as getting good feedback on my composition.
My sister Shannon is also taking the class with me which makes it so much MORE fun to see each other's work on the board.
It is also helpful to have someone to call and ask, "OK, what did you REALLY think of my picture?"

 Here are a few pictures I took of my first couple weeks…
The first week was entitled "My Style."
My styles pretty much shooting my family and life in general.
I prefer natural light and bright colors.
My big takeaway from this week is learning the basics of Photoshop.
I primarily use Lightroom to edit my photos.  I am excited about the really cool things you can do in Photoshop!  

When the rain cleared on Saturday, I went with Andrew to the local Middle School track to watch one of his training sessions he has been diligently working through to prepare for the track season.
Andrew was apparently going for the title of "Favorite Son" as he was the only one to allow me to take his picture!

Kate spent a lot of her time writing her letters in the sand.

I did manage to snap a picture of Sam teaching Kate how to smoke a candy cigarette!  Yikes!

Sometimes she just takes my breath away!

Week 2's theme was "Dramatic."
To me, black and whites seem to give a flare for the dramatic for me.  
This picture was more romantic and sweet than dramatic, but I loved it!

Kevin volunteered to be my muse for his dramatic expression simply entitled:
Exam Week.

Last but not least was this shot I grabbed of Kate.

I am LOVING this class!!!

3 comments:

Annie said...

WOW! Kelly!!!! Those pictures are AWESOME and just beautiful!!!!!! Way to go!!! The romantic one was my fav!

Tragord said...

These shots are wonderful! I love the last one and the fairy! Can't wait to see more.

Bo and John Payne said...

Loving this class you are taking!! Moderately partial to your subjects!! Can't wait for more pics! GBB

 
Design by Deluxe Designs