Our Family

Our Family

February 20, 2015

Disciple Now Weekend

Disciple Now, or DNow is an annual weekend retreat where our middle school and high school students come together both at the church as well as meeting in host homes through out the area.  Scott and I were so blessed to be asked to host the Senior boys in our home.  It was so. much. fun.  We will not hesitate to do it again.

We experienced wonderful times of praise and worship.  The band was excellent.  The music they selected got right to the heart of what was being taught over the weekend.  I love corporate worship.  I am also overwhelmed when I watch youth involved in worshiping.  I was moved to tears as I realized I was witnessing a little slice of heaven.

Small group time was lead by a college student.  Our leader was Austin.  He is a junior at Auburn (War Eagle) who had a great heart for the Lord and was genuinely excited to be pouring into these young men who are about to step into adulthood.
 On Saturday, our youth pastor arranged a special lunch and presentation for the senior class.  It was a powerful message that they really needed to hear.  Frankly, I needed to hear it too.
The message addressed the issue of doubt.  Through out the presentation the verse "Lord, I believe.  Help my unbelief!" ran over and over through my heart and mind.  This father's cry to Jesus is so my heart.  I have faith, deep faith, but I also struggle with doubt and unbelief.  The speaker honed in on this weakness that we all struggle with as believers.  Our students are about to enter a period in their lives where all they believe and have been taught will be challenged in their hearts and in their minds.  We were all challenged to know WHY we believe what we believe.  
I have prayed this over my children for years!  Lord let them have more than a blind trust faith!  Let them understand with Wisdom that is from You alone.  Let them know as many "why's" as possible so that when doubt enters their minds, they know what is true and WHY it is true.  Let their faith not be based in MY faith and what I have taught them.  Let it be THEIR faith, based in the Truth that is found in You alone.  
I prayed this over every senior sitting in that room; desperate that they do not loose sight of their faith in this next chapter in their lives.

Our beautiful Senior girls!!!

Such beautiful young women on the inside and out!

Our awesome Senior Boys!!!

A rare view of Olive from behind the 3 crosses stained glass!  They were so excited to see!

After the Senior presentation, we headed over to the Mega Relay... 
The results were questionable; the sophomore boys "supposedly" won, but my heart was with the seniors :)

I even caught a glimpse of Kevin competing with the freshmen boys!

Good times at the House of Payne...

The weekend ended with a great time of music and sharing before heading off to the service.

What an awesome weekend.  Thank you to our Youth Pastors Chris and John for putting together a phenomenal experience for our students!  The impact you made was eternal.  During the course of the weekend 10 students accepted Christ and began a personal relationship with Him! 
To GOD be the glory!

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs