Our Family

Our Family

November 3, 2007

Family Camp Weekend

Well those that hear this will think I was either I am crazy or I am Mother of the Year... This weekend was Family Camp Weekend for the Cub Scouts. Scott is not here, he is in the States trying to bring a plane back to Japan. All three boys were very anxious to go on the camp out. I just could not say no, so I agreed to head over to the MWR facility and reserved a 6 person tent, camp stove and 2 lanterns. I cannot believe this, but I agreed to sleep in a tent on the beach with my three boys. Those who know me well know I am NOT a tent kind of girl... The most camping I have ever done is in our million year old camper we inherited from Scott's parents. That was roughing it because it did not have AC:) It was, however, awesome because it had beds that were not on the ground and screens that kept out bugs and various other creatures. Despite my lack of experience, I agreed to go.

Camping Day arrived on Friday and I went and got all our gear, packed our back packs, packed the coolers and laundry baskets and loaded the car. 20 mins before we were due to leave I received the phone call that said that the winds at the camp site were so strong they had ripped Andrew's Den leader's tent and snapped the poles. Basically, he was coming home and said Camp at your own risk. We never made it out Friday night and the boys were just devastated. I had to find some way to cheer them up, so I told them they could set up the 6 man tent in Kevin and Sam's bedroom. It was a tight fit but we got it in!

Here they are in their tent for the night...


After a good night's sleep in the trust old tent, we headed up to Tori Station and participated in the camp activities. This was a Family Camp for the entire Far East Council. Here is a picture of all the campers...
Each Pack stayed together and moved through a series of stations and games. Here is a picture of Kevin at the beanie baby parachute toss...

Here are Andrew and Kevin and me on the beach during our Pack Conservation / Leave No Trace Project...
Sam loving parachute games...
We ended the Camping adventure with a Cub Scout camp fire complete with a Skit and Vespers. We rosted marshmellows then headed back home. A great time was had by all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly my vote it for Mother of the Year!! That is awesome. Love you all Aunt Sarah

Anonymous said...

Definitely Mother of the Year!!!!
Love, Bo

 
Design by Deluxe Designs