I know there is never a shortage of things we can pray for as the Body of Christ. I also know the power of prayer. I have seen it help from small things like getting me through another day of summer vacation to carrying our loved ones through illness. Prayer really works. So I call on all of you to be on your knees for two big needs in the lives of the Payne family.
First, My sweet Mother in Law, Bo, was just diagnosed with breast cancer. This has hit me like a ton of bricks as our family has just seen too much of this illness amongst our friends lately. Praise God that He allowed it to be detected early and it is HIGHLY curable. God willing she will just need radiation treatment. Early or not early, it is never an easy thing to hear the diagnosis "cancer" with your name in the same sentence. It is a helpless feeling to hear this diagnosis and bbe thousands of miles from home as well. I ask for prayers for healing, for wisdom in those treating her, for peace for my in laws that passes all understanding and above all that God receive ALL the glory in her treatment and recovery!!! He has already moved in miraculous ways. We Praise Him for that for sure!
Secondly, I ask prayer for a darling little girl at our church. Laci, who is only 10 years old, was diagnosed with Encephalitis yesterday afternoon. The hospital here on Okinawa has decided to medivac Laci and her family to HI so that she may be seen by a pediatric specialist. While we are relived that the diagnosis switched from a brain tumor to Encephalitis, it is still a very serious situation. Laci was doing well from the last report I received. We are so thankful that she is going to receive the care she needs. I ask for prayer for their safe travel, for wisdom for the doctors, courage for Laci and her family as they navigate through this illness and that God would completely remove any trace of this illness that there would be no long term effects.
Thank you so much for joining me in prayer. I thank Him for what He has already done and for what I confidently know He is about to do!!!!
Bo and Laci- I love you both very much:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Kelly you really have a gift for getting the right words on the blog. Love you, Sarah
Praying on the Ark.
God Bless,
Jane
We love you too Kelly! Our Mighty God is leading my way...I know that for sure!
God Bless You!
Bo
Post a Comment