I have to admit, this is not my favorite Holiday.
There is just something about the darkness it truly represents that leaves my spirit disturbed.
However, I have SUCH fond memories of growing up, choosing just the right costume, and running through the streets of the quaint little town of Argyle, NY collecting all sorts of fun goodies.
We decided to let our children participate in this holiday in hopes that they too would have the same fun memories of dressing up and just having fun!
I do find myself covering my children in prayer that their hearts are guarded from the evil that this holiday can stir up. I know some may thing I sound a little off the deep end, but I think sometimes we forget that there really are powers of darkness and principalities we are fighting against in a spiritual realm.
Scary stuff people, scary stuff.
All that said...
Our girl LOVED all things pumpkin and candy!!!!
Preparing to carve her first pumpkin!
She was SO excited!!!
"I want happy face, wike dis!"
Checking out Daddy's depiction of the perfect happy face...
And Pumpky is open and smelling. This is the first year in a while that Sam has not thrown up at the smell! So proud!
Watching Kevin carve with great interest!
THRILLED with the final product!!!
Kate's preschool had a costume party this week. Kate was so excited to go as "Rella". As parents we all have little snap shots of moments in our kids' lives that we treasure forever. One of mine happened while getting Kate dressed. I had place the crown on her head and turned her around so she could see herself in the mirror. She has a precious soft smile on her face as she slowly turned her head side to side admiring herself. She KNEW she was simply stunning! She truly took my breath away!
*Auntie Beth- You KNOW she had to wear the Cinderella Underoos under her dress!!
I know we are approaching an and of an era for the Payne men, but they humored me by getting "dressed up" this year.
Here is Kevin as an enthusiastic Ceiling Fan!!!
Andrew taped a picture of a quarter on his back and became a Quarterback...
Sam taped a dollar bill to each ear and was a Buccaneer!
*Note- the Internet has a HOST of great last minute costume ideas!!!!
We were going to be Rella again, but while going through her dress up basket we remembered this adorable Tinkerbell costume that our friend Patti gave us at Kate's shower!
Patti- it was perfect!!!!
Kate ran right up to our neighbor and yelled "My ings AWESOME!!!!"
She must have really thought so as she does not run up to anyone but our family! She is still pretty reserved with people she does not know!
Hello Tink!
Halloween 2012
First Trick or Treat!!!
We had a fun first Halloween with our little sweetie! She was in awe of it all!

















4 comments:
Both "Rella" and Tink are adorable. I'm so glad she had a fun halloween. And I love your boys' costumes, LOL Next year I will have my little girl here for her 1st halloween, and her big brothers are already planning our fun. :)
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! Oh, Kelly...she looks simply wonderful! I remember so clearly how she looked and her demeanor in china...and my oh my how she has changed. She looks so beautiful and healthy...and LOVED!!! Simply precious!
Jami
You are not off the deep end. I feel the same way, except I can't do Halloween at all. I just can't stand the evil I see and feel from the *world* on that day. In fact I just found and posted an incredible article written about this and doing it all "in fun".
Anyway, I did chuckle at the creative outfits your boys had! And Kate is growing more beautiful my the minute!
I miss you all! Happy Fall!
A Wonderful Halloween! LOVE the costumes!!! What a beautiful princess!!! XOXO
Post a Comment