Our Family

Our Family

December 3, 2012

One Year Home with Kathryn Li' An Grace!!!

One year home with our sweet girl!!!
So much change from month to month...
She has grown physically
 She has grown mentally.
 She has even grown spiritually!
 She has opened her heart to her new family,
 and they to her.
 She is experiencing joy,
 Love,
 and Peace.
 She has blessed us in ways we never could have imagined!
 She is a living example of the love that Christ has for each of us.
 He so desires to adopt us and call us His own; to graft us in to His own family and call us His child.
 Redemption looks pretty good, don't you think?

One YEAR home and

*Kate has moved into her Big Girl bed and is only getting out and coming to our bed a few nights a week:)
*She is lightening fast on a tricycle.
*When she does something naughty she will say to her brothers:  "Don't tell Mommy."
*She enjoys hunting for Ming Ming our Elf on a Shelf...
*She is singing songs.
*Noodles remain a staple food.
*She redefines the "strong willed child".
*She clearly uses all family member's names and enjoys tattling on them and has been reported to tell a few white lies...
*She must be the one to pray before every meal then delegates one other person to pray after her.
*She thanks God for every morsel of food on her plate.  
*She must "I help mommy" or "I help daddy" with EVERYTHING!  She even helped me sign my name to a document this morning... nice.
*Every plane she sees is greeted with:  "I see Daddy plane!"
*She remains an absolute joy in our family and is certainly keeping us young and on our toes!

We are so thankful we said Yes, Sweet Katie Grace!!!!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

So happy for your lovely family! Your journey was an inspiration for us when things were tough in China. I remember sitting crouched in the dark around the computer in the Marriott in Nanning and reading your blog. It gave us such hope that things would turn around...and they did! Congrats to you!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Bless you all and this precious baby!!! LOVE the walk through the last year. What an amazing redemption story. God loves us SO good doesn't He? LOVE Kate and seeing her. Helps me hold on until Evie is in my arms. Blessings and love sweet friend!!! XOXO

Tragord said...

I really love a having a picture of perfect redemption! We love you!!

altman5 said...

Beautiful. :) I've followed your blog since God called us to this adoption journey in June. Love seeing your pictures and hearing your stories while we wait to bring our daughter home.

Kevin and Michele said...

Beautiful post. It is surely amazing how perfect she fits in your family. I love her sweet smile and hearing all the 3 year old things she is up to! Have a super special Christmas! Isn't is grand we get to go all out this year! Decorate til your heart is overflowing!

Lindy D. said...

What a wonderful year! She looks so healthy and I pray that her health is good. She has done so well in your family and I love how she holds her own with three older brothers. Such a beautiful girl!!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs