I cannot believe our sweet girl is a big 4 year old!
Just ask her! She is a "Big Kid" now...
or sometimes, when she does not think she should do something she will say, "I'm just a little kid, mama!"
She has grown so much!
Kate turned 2 years old 3 months before we could hold her in our arms,
so we had a party with her picture!
We sent a cake to the orphanage for her to share with her friends!
That is the most GINORMOUS cake I have ever seen!
I think they fed half of Guangxi Province with that cake!!!
That was a hard day for this mama's heart.
I longed to hold her in my arms...
It would be the last birthday she would ever spend without her family to love her forever!
One year later and Kate turned 3 and rocked the Elmo cake!!!
LOVE!!!
And this week...
Kate turned 4!
And I redeemed myself in the cake department!
She loved every minute of her "Pink Cake" party!!
From blowing the candles out
To lighting them again and blowing them out again!
These guys even loved "Pink Cake" party!
She was thrilled with a day that was "All Mine" and enjoyed every gift she received.
I honestly have never seen a little one so thankful for every gift.
Um... Especially money???
(The joys of growing up with older siblings!)
By the way, Grandma Bo Bo, Kate says she is using her $5 at the movies and apparently I am taking her tomorrow!
I am blessed beyond measure to call this little girl my daughter.
Dear Kate,
Oh how I love you! You are growing into such a sweet little girl! I adore your funny sense of humor and your uncanny ability to make us all laugh and take life a little less seriously. You are a fighter with a will of steel and it has served you so well. You are the most courageous little girl I know! I thank God everyday for placing you in our arms and making you our daughter. My life is so much richer having you in it. I love you so much and as I remind you every. single. day. I will never stop being your Mommy. Never. (And yes. We are having dinner tonight. And yes. It is chicken.)
Blessings abound this 5th year of your life!
I love you the most!!!
Mama






















3 comments:
She is so stinking cute, Kelly! I love all the birthday pics! :)
Happy birthday to your sweet 4 year old princess!!! Precious!!!!!
Happy Birthday sweet girl!
Post a Comment