Our Family

Our Family

September 30, 2011

11 Years of Sam...

I do not know how, but my "baby" just turned 11!  It was a fairly low key celebration at home.  Sam picked his favorite dinner... Taco Rice.  We celebrated with an Ice Cream Cake from Dairy Queen.  YUM!!!

Sam...
 Not sure what to do with these two...
 Bring on the CAKE!!!!
 NOTE TO SELF:  TRICK CANDLES ARE NOT THE BEST CHOICE FOR A CHILD WITH ASTHMA...
 It is not a Birthday Celebration with out a 2 dollar bill from Cousin Connie!!!!
 Can you tell it was a football theme this year???  Andrew's birthday is in 2 weeks.  He wanted to know if he could get Cross Country '12.  He said it was a really fun game where you make your runner avoid trees and getting hit by random Dixie cups of water!  Funny Boy...
 Two of my favorite men!
 Sam also celebrated his birthday at school for the very last time.  I can't bring cookies to Middle School:(  Here he is getting sung to by his classmates!

 Love this kid!

FUN SAM FACTS

*Sam LOVES baseball and the NY Yankees.
*Sam's first love is football and the NY Giants!
*Sam's favorite subject is Social Studies (He likes it for the maps... sigh... Just like his Daddy).
*Sam loves all things Greek and Roman mythology.
*He has a WONDERFUL sense of humor and is known for some of our best family quotes such as:  "I am not here to solve your problems.  I am here for your safety",  As said to one of the students who rides his school bus who asked him to settle an argument with a friend while Sam was on Safety Patrol Duty.
*Sam is the best encourager I know.  He is constantly lifting someone else's spirits.  (Except maybe his bothers!)
*Sam has the BIGGEST heart for Jesus Christ!  He loves Him with reckless abandon!
I love this kid!  We are truly blessed!

2 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Happy birthday to your sweet Sam!!! XO

Bo and John Payne said...

Happy Birthday again SAM!! We are so thankful that you are one of our super Grandsons!!
Love, GBB/PPJ

 
Design by Deluxe Designs