I find myself pondering that question today with a heavy heart. One year ago today, a woman in China left her one year old daughter on the steps of the orphanage. The only thing she left with her was her diagnosis of her health condition. Her daughter's health had deteriorated and she was very sick. This precious woman knew that she could not afford to pay for the treatments that would be necessary to keep her daughter alive. She was left with a decision I simply cannot imagine having to make. Keep her daughter and watch her die or leave her and give her life. The sacrifice made for the life of this little girl is almost too much for my heart to bear.
Why? Why did she have to carry this diagnosis? Why did her birth family not have the resources to care for her? Why were they left with no other option but to abandon their daughter? Why the hurt? Why the suffering? I do not know. I am left to turn to God and ask these very questions. While I still do not have the answers to my questions, I do know this... My God is good. My God loves Kathryn's birth family. He loves Kathryn. He loves me. He is sovereign. He is in control of all things. He works all things together for good. He makes beauty from ashes.
Today, as I anxiously wait to bring this little girl home and give her a new family and a fresh start, I pray. I pray for Kathryn that the unknowns that will never be answered for her here on earth would be filled with God's peace that surpasses all understanding. I pray for our family that we will be able to meet her needs and give her a safe place to fall. Today especially I pray for a family in China whose darkest day was one year ago today. I pray that God would give them a supernatural peace that their daughter is safe. She is healthy. She has a family. She is loved.
September 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
As I was reading I thought... beauty from ashes... then I saw you wrote beauty from ashes. She is your beauty and the ashes will only help you all be stronger. Blessings to you.
I never stopped to think about Kate the Great's poor, sweet birth Mom before...my heart just breaks for her. I can't even imagine being faced with such a decision. What a blessing you are to her too. Thanks for sharing this. Katie W.
A precious post and I too can't imagine how hard it is to leave your child and never know what happens. What a blessing you are in for and can't wait to see that baby in your arms!!! Blessings and love!!!
PS. I copied some of your sidebar to explain where we are in our adoption timeline. Thanks!!! XO
Post a Comment