Andrew decided to referbish the outdoor Chapel at our church home: Grace Baptist Church
Before Pictures:
The stairs leading down to the chapel are not very wide and do not start at the top of the hill. The pathway leading to the chapel was very overgrown and in need of gravel.
Everything was quite weathered and not safe enough to use.
The Path
The Benches need some serious attention...
During....
Papa John Advice is the BEST!!! Andrew was thrilled that he and UB were able to help him!
Wrecking Crew
Using a massive Auger to help dig post holes
Making the new sign!
Working even in the SNOW!!!
Moving approximately 50 TONS of Gravel!
Consuming 30 Pizzas
After...
Wider, more stable Stairs that start at the top of the hill.
A beautiful new Cross! (Kevin took this picture and I LOVE it!)
A wider path with cut back brush leading to the chapel
The path begins at the parking lot.
Brand new benches and platform...
Beautiful new sign marking the entrance to the chapel
The remaining crew after two very long 8 hour days. Andrew was blessed to have 35 volunteers each work day. We are so grateful to our family and our troop for showing up in a BIG way! We are also grateful for all the donations and support that helped our son achieve this awesome goal. He has been grown and stretched in amazing ways. We see God has blessed this boy with the gift of leadership and it was awesome to see it played out before us! We love you Andrew!!!










4 comments:
I am astounded! Well done, Andrew!!
Wow! what an awesome Eagle project. Our son is moving to Life tomorrow night. We are hoping he will Eagle! I know it's a hard road. congrats!
What a great project! I had my son read it, he is getting his arrow of light and crossing over tomorrow night! My first boy scout...
Your family always moves me to tears! Way to go with you son's project! Even I am proud of him!
And for your earlier post... I LOVE the pic of your hubby and son shaking hands. The looks between them is beautiful. You are so BLESSED!!!
Post a Comment