Our Family

Our Family

April 13, 2012

Favorite Photo Friday- {Andrew's First Track Meet}

Andrew is more of a distance runner (like father, like son)  He will rock a marathon some day!  He prefers to run the longer run events in track.  This meet he ran the one mile and the half.  He is SOOO not a fan of the half.  It is too short for him.  He would love to run the 2 mile but not every race has that event.  His mile time is getting better.  He is pushing to get his time sub 5:30 by the end of the season and even faster before the fall cross country season.  Coming from a mom who runs when chased, I am so very proud of his hard work!  He looked great on his freezing race day!

These are not my kids, but I was so impressed!  These young men were amazing!!!!  Even chased, I could not do this...

On your mark

Pushing hard and keeping pace through the mile!

 He gave it all he had...
 All the way to the finish line
 Way to go Big A, Way to go!!!

the long road

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brings back memories. I think that distance running is the nicest sport around. When our son was a distance runner in high school he hit a sub 4 min mile. Keep up the hard work and it will come.

Bo and John Payne said...

These moments all look so familiar....definitely like father/like son! Way to go Andrew!
xoxo GBB/PPJ

 
Design by Deluxe Designs