I cannot believe four months have come and gone. In some way it feels like it has flown by. In others it has C.R.A.W.L.E.D by.
Adoption is NOT for the faint of heart. It is hard, hard work. There are no two ways about it. I would not change anything for the world. I love this girl as much as if she was born to me. Each day that passes she feels more and more like mine. It is just a hard road getting to that point.
Bonding is coming along. Some days I think she sees me like her "mom" but others I wonder does she even really know what a "mom" is. She certainly likes me;) She comes to me for comfort when she is sad or hurt. She is my little shadow, following me EVERYWHERE. I know it is coming. Just like a infant does not really "know" what a mom and dad are, Kate does not really know. But just like an infant, they know they can trust this man and woman in their life, Kate is building that trust as well.
4 Months Home and Kate...
*Is speaking A LOT more. Here are some of her favorites:
"Mo Ju Pees" More juice please
"Sit Down Dee" Sit Down Brother
"Mom" I want something
"Mama" That would be me;)
"Bibu" Bible
"Eeeuh" Jesus (We love CBS!!)
*She love kissing boo boos
*She stays in the church nursery and goes to CBS Children's ALL. BY. HERSELF!!!!
*She loves hiding behind the couch then jumping up and shouting BABA at Scott:)
*She loves singing. She has her CBS faves that she sings all the time!
*BUBBLES
*Her Baby doll "Mei Mei"
*Sleeping in our bed. Ugh! I would kill for a good night's sleep!
*She loves to touch us. She craves skin on skin contact! This is SUCH a good sign of attachment!
*Loves, LOVES having her brothers home with her. She love all the love and attention they give her!
*Cheese sticks
*I CEEEM Otherwise known as Ice Cream!!!
At 31 months Kate is now a whopping 24.8 pounds clothed and 83 cm tall! She is up 3 pounds and grown 2 cm since we got her home!!! God is good!!!
We love you so much little Katie Grace!!!











6 comments:
Happy 4 months home~ amazing that 4 have passed. WP says ice cream the same way too! So cute!!! Kate is a precious baby and you are SO right~ adoption is SO hard but OH so worth it!!! Blessings and love! XO
Oh how fast time goes..... Happy happy 4 months!!!
From one AP to another, hugs
Donna
PS-she is sooooooo stinking cute!!!
Wow! Sounds just like our Sophia! I feel like they are mimicking each other in growth and attachment and pretty much everything! And I sorta feel that way with you and I. Everything you wrote I was saying...yep, yep, yep! I sooo understand! It's fun to read your blog and your updates. I really should update my blog more often! Glad to hear she is doing so good.
Jami (Sophia's mommy) :)
Oh, CBS! How I miss it. One of my kids accepted Jesus in the parking lot after CBS. We discussed what she's learned and then she prayed. I wish there were one near where we live now!
Glad to hear that, though the work is hard, the blessing is big!
Maria
Oh my goodness she is even more adorable than the month before!!! I LBE how ,uh she I stoking - isnt it amazing?! ND she's grown a lot! Wow!!
Sounds like we are in the same stages!
Kate is a cutie, and that is one my favorite names :)
Post a Comment