Lets just say... the sight was truly spectacular!!!
Posing in front of the Smithsonian Carousal
OK... Not a fan of actually RIDING the carousal!
But is AWESOME from the outside!
Just beautiful!!!
It was also the first time I saw the new Martin Luther King Memorial. It was so well done. Fantastic tribute.
Kate "sort of" posed for me in the blossoms!
RIDICULOUS LIPS!!!
You do not see this every day...
The infamous "Lady throwing Cherry Blossoms into the Basin" tree
I was reminded that we have really only been home a few months. Kate slept half way around the basin, all the way back to the metro, the whole metro home and did not move until I tried to get her out of the stroller and into the car seat. She woke in a TOTAL panic. She was so disoriented. She absolutely flipped out and was completely inconsolable. It was a cry I had not heard in a long time. She was so frightened. She and I had a good cry together. She managed to settle down in the grid lock of 95 south during rush hour and was totally herself when we got home. Poor baby!










7 comments:
It's so beautiful there- one day, one day I will get to see it in person. Love it!
What a beauty! You took some nice shots!
We did the same thing last weekend. It is so beautiful! But nothing can compare to the beauty of your sweet girl! I cannot wait to share special moments like this with our precious girl, Ellie.
Wow, I've never seen the cherry blossoms. How nice that you live nearby and could go at just the right time.
Kate is so cute... those eyes, those lips, those eyelashes!!! Sorry to hear she had a little scare; it's easy to forget how far she has come, when she is doing so well.
~Lindy
What a beautiful day~ Gorgeous photos and those lips are precious!!! XOXO
Ps~ LOVEd Kim! Sweet friend!!!
Linked over from Sharon's blog. She and I were in China together for our adoption. Loved her story about your connection.
These photos are precious!
Those pigtails make me proud!! I've always wanted a glimpse at those cherry blossoms! Gorgeous like your girl!
Post a Comment