Our Family

Our Family

April 10, 2011

Sunday Snapshot - Washington DC Photo Safari

My Father in Law John and sister Shannon came up this week for a visit!  Several months ago, we planned to go on a Photo Safari through Washington, DC.  It was amazing!  We started with a basic camera class with a review on shutter speed and aperture.  (Review for many, but I have never fully understood it so it was new to me!)  We then went to work taking photos. There are a ton of them!  I tried to narrow it down to my favorites!   Check out my work!!!!

Shannon with our instructor demonstrating how to set up people in a posed picture.  Be sure to have one give a thumbs up like Shannon!!!
 Our first assignment... Take a picture of the Andrew Jackson Statue.
 Loved, Loved, LOVED!!!  This is a shot from my belly that totally erased all the busyness in front of the  White House!
 We learned how to use statues to take pictures of people.  Here is the famous statue near the Vietnam Memorial.
 Just too cool not to share...
 Korean Memorial
 Very fun to get this reflecting shot at the Korean Memorial.
 I learned how to meter off the floor in order to get pictures of these great windows in Union Station.
 Practicing Aperture at the Franklin Roosevelt Memorial.
 Fast Shutter Speed
 Slllooooowwww Shutter Speed... Way too cool!!!!
 The Cherry Blossoms had taken a beating during a storm the night before our safari.  There were still a few blooms.  Here is a cool shot of a tree that looks like a woman throwing her blossoms in the tidal basin!  Can you see her?
 Just breath taking.
 Shannon took this one of me:)
 The Jefferson Memorial.
 Practicing my metering skills in the Jefferson Memorial.
 Thomas Jefferson
 Papa John with his "hero" Franklin Roosevelt.  He was asking him if he had read the book "New Deal or Raw Deal".  I am guessing the answer would be no.  

This was SUCH a great trip and I highly recommend it if you are visiting the DC area!!!  I am already looking for my next class.  I am thinking Memorials at Night!  Here is a link to the website:  Washington Photo Safari
Thanks for indulging me!



Sunday Snapshot

5 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome photos

Merrill said...

WOW! I love visiting DC. Your pictures are spectacular! I really want a better camera than my little "point and shoot" one...and of course to learn how to use it. LOVE the picture of the tree...can totally see the woman tossing her blossoms into the water.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Wow, fabulous shots!!

Mama Poobah said...

Very cool!!! I live around D.C., too, and I never get tired of visiting and taking pictures. Maybe we'll see you around! :-)

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! I think I like the water one the best--but so many are just gorgeous!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs