Our Family

Our Family

April 30, 2011

Heartbroken...

We received a file on Thursday for a 15 month old little girl.  She is absolutely beautiful.  Both Scott and I truly thought she was "the one".  The more we had her file reviewed, the more it became evident that there was more there than met the eye.  We have not said no yet; we still have one more doctor to talk to.  We are fairly confident that he will concur with the other two specialists we have spoken with.  We have already let go.

It is breaking my heart.  It is so hard to say no.  We know, however, that we have a responsibility to the three precious lives that God has already blessed us with.  Our first thought must be of them.  I will be praying for this precious little baby.  She has had a very hard life in her short 15 months.  She has endured what many of us will not experience in a life time.  Pray that her forever family comes soon, that she will not wait long.  She is in desperate need of immediate intervention.  Please also continue to pray for our precious Kathryn.  She is out there, we know it.  Scott has an excellent analogy.  He says he feels like he was at Disney World and he has lost his daughter.  He keeps running up to every black haired, brown eyed little girl to see if it is Kate.  He knows she is in the park, he just has not found her yet.  Good analogy.  Please also pray that we find our daughter soon.  This is breaking my heart.

4 comments:

mbo said...

I love you, Payne family. Scott, I am sure that, very soon, you will hear a voice over the p.a. system calling for the lost daddy of Kathryn Grace...

Debbie said...

I'm so sorry that this one wasn't the one. I'll be praying that she will be revealed to you soon.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Lifting you up! I know it must be difficult :(

Jill and Rick said...

Kelly, I just had to tell you again how sorry I am for the heartbreak you experienced with your first referral opportunity. I truly do understand, and I know you'll feel great joy if you have the opportunity to learn when she does have a forever family that is able to care for her in the way she needs.

Thinking of you so much lately. Saw your note this morning on RQ so REALLY thinking of you this morning. I'll be praying for you!

Jill G

 
Design by Deluxe Designs