Our Family

Our Family

April 23, 2011

A Post by Guest Photographer Kevin...

Kevin has recently become very interested in photography.  He is all signed up for his school's photography club starting on Monday.  I have to say, he has a natural eye for composition.  He always has (except for the occasional nose hair shot or annoying brother shot...  ).

On Thursday of our Spring Break this week, we went into Washington, DC for the day.  If you can believe it, my pilot husband has not been to the Smithsonian Aviation Museum since he was a little boy!  We had to go!  As a trade off for me, Scott agreed to go to several of the locations for photo ops given by my teacher from my recent Photo Safari.  Kevin brought his hand me down giant Sony Cyber Shot I gave him to shoot with and went to town on picture taking.  Here are a few of his shots... They are pretty amazing!!!

The Capitol...

Kev's shot of the capitol from the secret squirrel location!

Same shot with greater depth of field...

Focus shift...

Jefferson Memorial from the secret squirrel location.  This will be much better when construction is complete.  I am determined to bring in a tripod and do this at night!!!

Washington Monument from the secret squirrel location...

Another...

Totally Kevin... He LOVES to turn pics on a diagonal for a different perspective.  I thought it was a little weird when I saw it on his camera, but was amazed when we edited it!  So cool!!!!

I had to add this one I took of my man looking like a kid in the candy shop in the entrance of the aviation museum!

Back to Kevin.  When we downloaded his photos off his disk I found this and I do not know why, but it took my breath away!  So simple and so him.

My budding photographer...

2 comments:

Shawn-Marie Simmons said...

Fantastic pics -- kudos to Kevin!! Keep up the great work!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Wow, Kevin - I am impressed! What camera is he shooting with? He really has an eye - hope he's going to China with you to capture pictures of mei mei :)

 
Design by Deluxe Designs