Our Family

Our Family

April 12, 2012

Spring Break Part 2 - {Virginia Beach Bonanza}

Last Thursday Kevin, Sam, Kate and I packed up the Down and Comfy and headed south to Virginia Beach.  I am apologizing upfront!  I know there are friends we were not able to see and I am sooo sorry!  It was a whirl wind tour!

On Thursday I met my dear, dear friends Nancy and Janet for lunch!   We were all stationed together on Okinawa and attended Koza Baptist Church.  God is so amazing.  It had been easily five years since Nancy and I had seen each other but it was as if no time had passed at all.  We had a wonderful time catching up and sharing with one another.  I love the type of friends that you do not need to pretend you are someone you are not or that you have it all together.  You can just tell it like it is.

Janet, me and Nancy

After lunch we drove to my sweet friend Beth's house.  Just another awesome time of friendship and fellowship.  Kate was in her GLORY!  Beth and her man Cory have 3 beautiful daughters about the same ages as our boys!  Kate felt like a princess in every sense of the word! 

Most of the crew.... 

Friday we went to the Virginia Children's Museum!  Soo fun!  We were even able to meet Hillary and her kiddos!  Hill is one of my oldest and dearest Marine Corps friends:)  Our guys did their very first deployment together shortly after Hillary and Terry were married!  She was an amazing friend to me and the HUGEST blessing.  She was truly a second mama to my then VERY little boys:)  It was so wonderful to see her and the kids!!!

Our Crew!

The Ladies!!!

The Men

 C and Kev loved playing in the bubble room!  

Kate is working on her tooth skills with the hope of working with Uncle Jim some day!

Nice Kev... 

Walking with K and A to lunch...

KK and Kate:)  Beth's girls picked out Kate's hairstyle and bow for the day;)  

M teaching Kate all about water conservation!

A and Kate checking out the funnel cloud!

This was one of Kate's favorite spots!  She loved leaving her mark on the mural!!!

Oki memories!!!!

Kevin's self portrait

Hillary, me and Beth in what is becoming a parking lot snapshot tradition!

We ended our trip with a visit to my sweet friend LaRose whom I met on a women's retreat this fall.  I so wish I had a picture of this precious woman!!  We even managed a stop by my sister's house in Williamsburg on the journey home!  
What a wonderful trip and such a reminder of God's faithfulness in weaving sweet friendships together and loving us through human hands and hearts!!!

2 comments:

familyof8 said...

I just had to ask if you met LaRose Allman in VAB? It is not a very common name and she lives there and does lots with women's ministry. We lived in Norfolk for 4 years when my husband was in medical school years ago. I am the adoptive mom who has 6 kids and lives near Pensacola, FL. Hope we can meet when you move down.

Just had to ask about LaRose...a very special blessings if she is the same person.

Blessings

Christine
thefahys@gmail.com

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a wonderful trip~ SO great to see old friends I am sure. Loved every single photo~ I think you are seeing Kim this weekend too. Blessings and love! XO

 
Design by Deluxe Designs