Our Family

Our Family

May 19, 2012

Why?

My heart was broken again this week with the loss of another precious child in China.  Min lost his battle with Beta Thalassemia.  We are not sure of the exact cause, but more than likely, his little heart gave out.  There is only so much time a little body can live with hemoglobin levels so low.  



Every mention of a Beta Thal death makes me hold my precious girl just a little closer, just a little tighter.  I stand in awe of Kate's first mom.  By letting Kate go, she gave her a chance at life.  I truly believe that if they kept her, she would not be alive today.  I also believe has she stayed in China, she would not have seen her 5th birthday.  She was living at very low hemoglobin levels.  Her little body was working overtime to keep her heart beating and lungs breathing.  

There are countless children living in China with this condition.  Countless children waiting.  Waiting for a Mom and Dad to choose them, to love them and to care for them.  This disorder does NOT need to be a death sentence.  There is no reason.  I have been praying a hedge of protection around these precious children.  I am praying for those families waiting to bring their little ones home.  I pray peace in the waiting.  I am praying that hearts would be stirred and more adoptive families would open their hearts to this special need.  It is a death sentence in China but there is LIFE and HOPE in the United States!  Kate has a fighting chance at a normal, healthy life!  For that, we are eternally grateful!


1 comment:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Breaks my heart too and SO thankful little Kate is home safe and sound!!! XOXO

 
Design by Deluxe Designs