Last Thursday was Kate's very first day of Preschool!!!
Let's just say, she was a little excited!
Me? Not so much...
We struggled with what to do. Do I put her in or keep her home with me? Such a hard decision! In the end, we decided to go for it. Our reasoning was two fold. First, with this being the first year to home school my middle schoolers, this gave the boys (and me) two mornings a week where we where not distracted by her cuteness:) Second, Kate has a fairly significant speech and language delay. This is completely understandable given her circumstances. Since all the kiddos at our house are older, we felt that she would pick up language faster hearing it from her peers.
I miss her like crazy when she is apart from me. But, in the end, I feel like we made the right decision for her and for Kevin and Sam.
She is LOVING her new class!!!
She made a bee line for the babies...
Miss Ashley (who disturbingly looks like she could be our daughter as well! Man we are OLD!!!)
Kate has also been home for 9 MONTHS!!!!
9 MONTHS HOME AND...
*Our girl LOVES to dress up. Every day she puts on her clothes and must show them to Baba or the Di Di's to get their Ohhhing and Ahhhhing Approval.
*She especially loves when Baba asks her to twirl to show her dress off:)
*Overheard recently in a gift shop when she spotted a pink Blue Angel T Shirt: "Ohhhhh Its cute on me! Its MINE"! (It must be noted that I did not succumb to this....)
*Kate loves all things art... painting, coloring, stickering, chalking and on and on!
*We are understanding more and more of what she is saying. We just need to be with her and see what she is talking about in context. Her articulation needs a little work!
*Kate can now jump in the pool and swim to you... with her swim vest on:)
*Every Brother is still "Di Di" and Every other relative is "Bo Bo" (Grandma Bo Bo loves this;)
*Kate now calls herself Kate most of the time! In fact the other day our discussion went something like this:
Me: "Kate, Are you cute'?
Kate: "No mama, I Kate"!
*Kate can now jump in the pool and swim to you... with her swim vest on:)
*Every Brother is still "Di Di" and Every other relative is "Bo Bo" (Grandma Bo Bo loves this;)
*Kate now calls herself Kate most of the time! In fact the other day our discussion went something like this:
Me: "Kate, Are you cute'?
Kate: "No mama, I Kate"!











3 comments:
It's almost 9 months for us too! I am toying with preschool or MDO for E, and for the same reasons. So glad to hear that you are having the same speech issues we are :)
What a cute preschooler!!!
So so sweet! I'm sure is doing great!!! Blessings and love! XO
I can't believe how old she is looking! Such a sweetie! Hope school is going well. We have orientation tomorrow and school starts for both on Tues.
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment