Our Family

Our Family

January 29, 2013

Four Hundred Thirty Four

Today is a bittersweet milestone for Kate.

She has been with our family for 434 wonderful 
(stressful, heartbreaking, exciting, grief filled, joy filled) 
days.

We have loved her with a fierce love of a mother and a father;
As if she was born to us.

434 Days.

We have been with her longer than any other person with whom she has lived.

Longer than China Mama (Foster Mom)

And Longer than First Mama.

434 Days.

I know China Mama must miss her sweet self walking around the grounds of the SWI and playing with her foster sisters.  Fostering children is a true labor of love.  You raise a child, and love her, then need to let her go.  I will forever be grateful for all the love that was poured into our daughter by her precious China Mama...

What I can't imagine is what Kate's First Mama must feel.
I pray every night that God would grant this woman, who gave me the sweetest and most precious of gifts, a peace that passes all understanding.
I pray she knows in her heart that her sacrifice saved her daughter's life,
that her little girl is safe, healthy and above all,
she is loved.

For 434 Days...
And Beyond.

2 comments:

Keisha said...

What Beautiful WORDS!! She is so pretty! Happy 434th!! God is Good!

Bo and John Payne said...

So loved!
GBB

 
Design by Deluxe Designs