There is a special Rite of Passage in the House of Payne that occurs sometime between the ages of 11 and 12.
It is a special get away with Dad, and it is usually to someplace special!
Sam watched his older brothers go before him, waiting for the time it would be HIS turn.
Scott uses this time to bond with his son one on one and to share his heart on some pretty important subjects, not the least of which is "The Talk."
We have used Passport to Purity with all three of our boys and HIGHLY recommend it. Passport to Purity does discuss God's Biblical design for marriage but it also talks about so much more. It helps kids and parents open lines of communication on subjects such as choosing good friends, making choices that are pleasing to God and living by God's standard in purity.
Sam and Scott left Friday for Adventures Unlimited. This is a really cool place not far from home that offers camping, canoeing, and ZIP LINING! They had a great time cabin camping and flying through the trees!
Sam getting strapped in...
Kevin let Sam borrow his video camera, sadly I am not too good at posting videos... If I figure it out, I will try to post one later:)
Ready to take the plunge!!
I am not sure who was more excited...
Clipping in...
My men outside their cabin.
It was a precious time and one I am sure neither will forget any time soon.












1 comment:
SO wonderful!!! I sure my Scott and our boys can do something like that one day!!! XO
Post a Comment