Our Family

Our Family

July 13, 2007

The Best Moment of Kevin's Life...

Many of you know that being from New York my family loves the NY Giants and the NY Yankees. While devotion to the NY Giants has never wavered from any member of our family, devotion to the Yankees (World's Greatest Baseball team in history) has. After spending several years of School in the great city of Boston, my brother Jim had many opportunities to be among the bleacher fans at Fenway. Then, he met my sweet sister in law who is from Boston and naturally has chosen the Sox as her team. I suppose I could not fault him for making the switch from Yankee fan to Red Sox fan. I suppose given the circumstances, I might have made a similar decision... maybe. At any rate, something Uncle Jim must have said swayed my middle son Kevin. I have still not figured out how it happened, but my sweet Kevin is a Boston Red Sox fan. Imagine his delight when I told him that we were going to visit an old High School friend of mine, the former Mary Alaimo now Kennedy, who happens to live just outside Boston. Not only that, we were going to take the "T" into the city and take a tour of Fenway Park. For those who know Kevin personally, you know he is a pretty mellow guy. It takes a lot to get him excited. I kid you not, the child nearly came unglued. The look on his face the moment he looked onto Fenway stadium was priceless. We started the tour out in the Red Sox gift shop. Being from New York, most shops we go to have all Yankees and Mets gear and a small Red Sox collection. Here he is at his first all Red Sox gift shop, grinning from ear to ear...



It is funny. All kids feel the need to buy SOMETHING when they go into a store. Andrew was with us on this trip. Do you know, he did not ask for a single thing??? That is a moment I need recorded! This next picture is of the boys standing in the stands in upper right field...(Gotta love the Yankee ball cap on Andrew!!!)



Kevin just enjoying the view...


Next we have the boys sitting on the "Oldest seats in baseball". Fenway is now the oldest operating ball park in the United States.

Next we have our gracious hosts... The Kennedy Family. Poor Craig needed to work and could not go with us. This man makes a mean pancake! They were so warm and welcoming to us and a great time was had by all!




Lastly... Here are the boys and me over looking the harbor.

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs