What a WONDERFUL weekend we had! A few months ago, my sister in law Amy discovered that Women of Faith was going to be in Boston during our stay here in the States! We decided that we both really wanted to go and we thought it would be a fun trip to do with both our moms and Shannon... Kind of a Mother Daughter trip. All the Moms and daughters in question were very excited to go and with tickets in hand we made our arrangements.
Amy's mom is the recent recipient of a new hip. She had the surgery right after we arrived here in June. Her recovery was going beautifully until Thursday morning. Diane had decided to go in to the doctor since she was having some difficulty with her hip. Long story short, she had an infection and the doctor admitted her to the hospital right away. We were so sad that she was not able to go on this weekend with her. We had to continuously remind ourselves that God is in control. We know it would have been a great experience for her. God knows better and He must have wanted her to wait until next year's trip. This truth did not stop us from thinking of her non stop!
What a wonderful experience. We worshiped and praised God with 11,000 other women for 2 days! I cannot tell you how many times I had chills run up and down my spine! God has certainly blessed this team of women to do great and mighty things in His name. Each member of the team gave simple but beautiful testimonies of how we can achieve FREEDOM through our relationship with Jesus Christ. No matter if this was the first time of the thousandth time you heard this message, it struck to the heart! There was certainly something for everyone!
I have found that all of us can fall prey to busy schedules and filling our lives with lots of good things. Sometimes you need to step back and reflect on what is truly the best thing. What an opportunity to do the Best thing. More than anything this weekend was a wonderful opportunity to be reminded of who I am in Christ. NO matter what my shortcomings, no matter what my strongholds are I am His. I am Blessed, Redeemed, Forgiven, Chosen, Adopted and as the theme of this weekend stressed, I am FREE!!! No matter what I do or do not do, no matter how many times I stumble in my own humanness, what a comfort to know with all certainty that NOTHING can separate me from the love that is found only in Christ Jesus!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment