Our Family

Our Family

February 14, 2011

Banner Day for Our Adoption Journey!!!

My morning started very early!  We picked up one of Scott's friends and hopped on the HOV lane towards the Pentagon early this morning.  I dropped the guys off at the five sided furnace and boarded the metro and headed to the Secretary of State's office.  I promised Scott I would give Hillary a shout out if I saw her!  Let's just say, Hill and I never met up.  I do not know what I was thinking.   I suppose I thought I was going to walk into an impressive building full of that powerful United States government feel.  Nope... The authentications department had more of  the feel of a post office in a strip mall!  I was in and out of there in no less than thirty minutes with some seriously official looking documents!

 Following the State Department, I hopped in a cab and headed to Georgetown to the Chinese Embassy.  Again I envisioned the building to look somewhat more, I don't know... CHINESE?   It was a little more impressive than the post office, but not much:)  I went through all the screens and waited about 30 minutes for my number to be called.  When I went to the window we soon discovered that I did not have a full copy of my dossier with me.  Who knew?  Trust me when I tell you, I went through the embassy web site with a fine tooth comb and never read I needed this full copy of the my million page dossier.  The sweet agent told me to go across the street to Kinkos.  To Kinkos I went and copied the entire precious cargo.  I returned to the embassy and our dossier, minus the I800A, is currently being "authenticated" by the embassy!  On Thursday, I return to pick up my documents before shipping the entire dossier, minus the I800A to our agency for review.

The last piece of our dossier we need is our I800A approval from the Customs and Immigration office.  I have been so anxious about this.  There are so many stories of people having to wait very long time for approval.  Needless to say, when I walked to the mailbox today and found our finger print appointment cards, I was BESIDE myself!!!!  Our appointments are not until March 8th.  We are going to attempt to walk in early on Thursday.  I figure, all they can do is say no...  Please pray they allow us to walk in and that we can get our I 800A approval quickly.  As soon as we have approval we will notarize, certify and authenticate it and send it off to our agency and we can FINALLY send our dossier to CHINA!!!!!  I simply cannot wait.  Thank you all for your prayers and support.  It means the world to us!

3 comments:

Tragord said...

Way to go! We are praying. Love you all!!

Anonymous said...

All Jesus said was "Love one another." Can you believe what we have made of it ???

Bo and John Payne said...

WOW! Our awesome God is definitely out ahead of you. Even had a kinkos across the street!
Love You All!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs