Our Family

Our Family

February 22, 2011

I'm Just a Bill...

We had a fun weekend with my parents in town.  They brought my niece and nephew with them as well which has been a great treat for all the cousins.  They arrived on Saturday and stayed until today (Tuesday).  They left this afternoon and headed to Williamsburg to visit my Sister.  We will join them on Friday and all return back here on Saturday just in time for the Blue and Gold dinner.  Whew!

The rain turning to freezing rain did not stop us from venturing in to DC for the Day on President's Day.  We too the metro to the Capitol so the kids could sit on the steps and sing the School House Rock favorite:  "I'm just a Bill on Capitol Hill...".  We left the Capitol and spent the rest of our time enjoying the Air and Space Museum.  I love that place!!!  Enjoy our pictures from the day...

Sam and Molls enjoying the Metro!
 Grammy, Andrew and Rory
 Mom and me at the Capital.
 I'm just a bill.
Yes, I'm only a bill.
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city.
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a law someday
At least I hope and pray that I will,

But today I am still just a bill.

 Grammy and the grands at the Capital.
 Even on a rainy day... so pretty!
 Andrew learned he was over 200 pounds on Jupiter!  I do not even want to THINK about how much I weigh on Earth much less Jupiter!!!
 Just like his Daddy!
 Molly meets Orville and Wilber!
 Planetarium... Very Cool!
 The BEST part of the day was riding the F-18 simulators!  Grammy and I had a blast listening to the squeals of delight coming from the sim boxes!!!

Thinking about Kate the Great... Kevin Sporting the Panda ears!

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs