How am I any different? I grew up with the love of a mom and dad. I live in a different country with so many more freedoms and opportunity, but even considering this, I was not truly free. Freedom, true freedom, comes from living in a relationship with Jesus Christ. Just as Scott and I came to China and pulled a little girl from the muck and mire and life without hope; God sent His only Son Jesus Christ into this world to save me from my own muck and mire. He gave me hope. Just as we cleaned her up, fed her and started to heal her wounded spirit; God reached down, cleaned me up, fed me and is healing my wounded heart. Just as we adopted our precious little girl, God adopted me and made me His own. This all happened 2,000 years ago when He gave the world the most indescribable gift in His Son Jesus Christ. Sometimes in the business of the season, especially this year with all the craziness of travel, transition, illness etc, we can loose sight of that simple truth. God wants to live in relationship with us. He desires to adopt us and to call us His own. What an awesome God I serve!!!
Enjoy our precious memories from our daughter's first Christmas (and Andrew's 16th, Kevin's 13th and Sam's 12th!!!)
Kevin took this of us before we left for Christmas Eve Service!
Kate's first Christmas Service... Nice Kev and Sam...
One of my sweet 6th Grade Girls, Lexi, was baptized!!!!
Grammy has embroidered each of us our Christmas Stocking. They are just awesome!!! Kate got hers on Christmas Eve and I have to say I think it is one of my favorites!!!
A VERY Squirmy Night Before Christmas and The Christmas Story from the Book of Luke...
Ummmm... do not disrespect the Man in Red by not writing a letter!
Only in a house of boys would a 2 year old girl attack a penguin with a Nerf Hatchet.
Helping Sam with Legos
Kev's New Kindle!!!
Andrew's new Fragrance... Hmmmmm... Not sure why it was "From the Ladies"
Got the opening gift thing DOWN!!!
Peek A Boo Baba!!!
Kate with her new stroller that she could not wait to put her babies in and her new bouncy horse from UB and Aunt Karen!!!!
From our Family to Yours,
God Bless You
and
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!










3 comments:
Merry Christmas precious friend~ your family is beautiful and looks like you all had a great day!!! Kate is adorable! Blessings and love!!! XOXO
Love this! Perfectly said, Kelly.
Such great pictures. Our families look so familiar! Anna is already walking around with toy guns saying "pow", but she has her brothers (and Dad) playing tea parties already!
Post a Comment