Our Family

Our Family

December 28, 2011

Sam's Championship... Not Forgotten!!!

Sam approached us last Spring with a strong desire to play football in the Fall.  Scott and I decided to let him play.  He attended the league's summer camp and fell in love with the sport.  This fall was Sam's first season to play.  He was so blessed by an amazing coaching staff!  It was his first year to coach in this league.  He decided that he was going to build his team based upon finding boys that truly wanted to play, learn and improve.  This left him with a team that was essentially labeled as the Bad News Bears.  No one in the league expected our team to win a single game.

Imagine the league's surprise when 95 Nationals won, not just one, but all BUT one game taking them to the playoffs!  Our boys played with such heart and determination.  I never saw that team give up, even when they were behind.  They always gave 100% every. single. game.  Coach chose well!

Playoffs were so exciting!  They won the first game leaving them to face the team that beat them in the regular season for the title of CHAMPIONS!  Scott and I were SO disappointed that the championship game was scheduled for the same time as the Marine Corps Birthday Ball.  Honestly, had we not invited Scott's parents up for the ball, we would have just gone really late and gone to the game.  Fortunately, UB, Aunt Shannon, 2 girl cousins, Andrew, Kevin and my parents were here to attend and cheer the Falcons on to a HUGE VICTORY!!!!

Poor Sam's Victory Post was lost in the shuffle of leaving for China.  Since I use this blog mostly to document our lives for our own posterity, I KNEW I needed to include this hard fought and well deserved victory!  The following are some shots my sister got of the big game!!!  She did mostly video so we mostly have before and after:)


Grammy and Kevin
 Ready to play...
 VICTORY TROPHY!!!!
 THE CHAMPIONS OF THE 95 NATIONALS 
GO FALCONS!!!!
 Proud moment for Papa!!

 Apparently, UB, Andrew, Kevin and Papa made a pretty LOUD cheering section!!!

WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU SAM!!!!

3 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Yay Sam! Way to play for the championship!!! Great job!!!

Kevin and Michele said...

what a great story!!! I know you are so proud! Think of you all often and can't wait to catch up! We have our first post-placement visit tomorrow for (nearly) one month home... can it be already! Hope you are doing great :)

Football and Fried Rice said...

Way to go, Sam!!! We love football around here and are so happy to see you go all the way!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs