We had a wonderful last couple of days here in China, but we are oh so ready to come home. Yesterday Kate became America's newest "almost citizen". We swore and oath on her behalf and submitted all the paperwork to make certain she has her visa. Our guide dropped off the visa this evening and it is a beautiful sight! We are officially DONE!
We went back to Shamian Island last night for dinner and the infamous "Red Couch" photos at the White Swan.
We spent our last day here with Ann of Red Thread whose service we used to send 2 care packages to Katie in the orphanage. She was AMAZING!!! That woman can haggle with the best of them and got some really great deals for us. I think she is Scott's new best friend! He told her that she made him like shopping:) This woman would do Dave Ramsey proud!!!
We have an early wake up tomorrow and begin our journey at 8:15am China time. We arrive at 6:45 on Saturday in the US. Please pray traveling mercies for us! It has been a really long time since we have done a 14 plus hour flight with a toddler. Stickers, crayons, playdoh, snacks and Pleasant Goat DVD's are at the ready!
Thank you so much for joining us on this journey of a life time! God is so gracious to us. We are so humbled, there are simply no words other than Praise the Lord!
Next Post... from the USA!!!!
December 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
LOVE the red couch photo and the one of you and baby Kate just makes my heart sing! Blessings to you as you travel home!!! It will be a sweet reunion with those sweet boys!!! Yay! can't wait to see you all are home safe and sound! XOXO Blessings and love!
CONGRATULATIONS KELLY!!!! Somehow I lost track of time and missed every China milestone, but I am LOVING scrolling through the pictures and blog posts now! (& It is quite amazing to go through them from Gotcha Day to departure day - makes the transformation from frightened, grieving baby girl to the happy, laughing Katie even more miraculous!!
She is gorgeous and I am so happy for you!! Congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving/Merry Christmas to your special family.
Jill G
It is time to come HOME! Bless you both for taking us on this amazing journey! We look forward to continuing to experience this grand adventure that God has planned and is guiding! Praise Him absolutely!
Love You All,
GBB/PPJ
absolutely....love...the picture of Mommy and daughter!!!
blessings,
Angie A.
Have a wonderful trip home. I have really enjoyed following your blog!
Blessings,
Jennifer
You are on your way home right now and I am praying for safe travels! Congrats on your little girl!
She is beautiful!! So excited for your family! I have loved following along with your blog posts, you have always had a way with words!! We pray that the transition at home is smooth. Congratulations!!
Kelly- I've loved following your journey! Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Lisa
Post a Comment