Our Family

Our Family

November 21, 2013

Forever, Mama?

Forever Family Day as arrived!
Today marks two years since Kate walked though the doors of the Marriott in Nanning, China
and right into our hearts.
She has come so very far!
(Forever Family Day 2011)
(One Year Home 2012)

And now, two years home!

As we were getting ready for preschool this morning, I told Kate that today was Forever Family Day!  I told her this was the day that we came to China to come get her and make her our daughter forever.
"Forever, Mama?" she asked with a smile.


Yes baby girl, Forever!

3 comments:

Kevin and Michele said...

Wow, she's really matured the last few months I think... those beach pictures make her look so old! Happy family day ~ I hope you celebrated special!

Maureen said...

Kelly, I was just checking in on your blog from the sunday Snapshot link. I used to follow your blog religiously when our family was contemplating adoption (I still try to check in from time to time). I was just reading this post and I remember this day. I remember it so well. Little did I know (and I am just realizing) I would have my own Gotcha day in the same hotel almost 2 years later! I have loved watching Kate grow and thrive in your wonderful family. Your blog was an inspiration to me. you probably don't remember but you also responded to an email from me in a very encouraging way (I had emailed you asking about BAAS). Anyway, just had to say hi and your family is beautiful!

Lindy D. said...

Kate looks so beautiful and so healthy ... such a blessing!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs